- US equipped Saddam with chemical arms in Iran war
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – A retired US military officer says Washington provided chemical and biological weapons to executed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein during the eight-year war against Iran.
- US gives lethal assistance to Syria militants
The so-called Syrian National Council (SNC) says it has received lethal aid from the United States to launch more attacks against the Syrian government.
- Malaysian Shia Under Severe Pressure; Report Shia Activities on the Web
We see a worrying trend in the spread of Shiite ideology because it has progressed from mere print publications such as magazines to the social media: claimed Deputy Communication and Multimedia Minister Datuk Jailani Johari
- Activist: Bahrain intensifying human rights abuses
The Al Khalifa regime has significantly intensified its crackdown on the ongoing anti-government movements in Bahrain over the past month, said a Bahraini human rights activist.
- Representative of Grand Ayatollah Sistani Visits Georgias Religious Centers
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Hojat-ol-Islam Javad Shahrestani, head of Al-ul-Bayt (AS) Institute, visited religious and cultural centers in Georgia and met with the countrys archbishop.
- A British biggest college lifts ban on Muslim face veils
One of Britain’s biggest colleges on Friday dropped a ban on Muslim face veils after thousands of people signed a petition against the rule.
- Syria to submit detailed report on chemical attack
Syria’s UN Ambassador Bashar al-Ja’afari has said Syrian authorities plan to submit their own report of chemical attack of Damascus suburbs as the UN is working on the case too.
- HCHR urged to open permanent office in Bahrain
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society in Bahrain commends the statements made by Ms. Navi Pillay, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, at the Human Rights Council 24thSession, regarding the situation of human rights in Bahrain.