- Egyptian mob surrounds home of Shiite Muslim
Dozens of Egyptians surrounded the home of a Shiite Muslim in Egypt’s Giza province following rumors that he was hosting a religious ceremony, raising fears of a repeat of the sectarian violence that left four Shiites dead earlier this summer in the same house.
- Kumar Vishwas of AAP faces flak from Shia community
Lucknow: Aam Aadmi party member Dr Kumar Vishwas faces flak from the Shia community as an old video of his surfaces where he is found mocking the ‘mourning’ ritual of the tragedy of Karbala.
- Syria committed to UN decision on chemical weapons
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Damascus is committed to act on the stockpile of chemical weapons in Syria based on UN decisions, Syria’s information minister has said.
- 30 Alawites killed by extremists in Syria
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Al-Qaeda-affiliated extremists in Syria announced they are targeting members of the Alawite community in the country, adding that they massacred dozens of Alawites in three Homs villages last week.
- Historic Quran found in mosque in Turkey’s Muğla
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – A historic handwritten Quran was discovered in an old mosque in Bodrum. Yüksel Kılınçarslan, the imam of Tepecik Mosque, which has been serving the local community since 1737 on Neyzen Tevfik Avenue, noticed the 1,200 year-old Quran in the imam’s room and informed officials about it.
- Urgent: Terrorists Attacked Shiite Shrine in Iraq, 2 Martyred
Two employees within the Shiite Shrines Directorate were martyred when unidentified gunmen attacked the holy shrine of Imam Ahmed bin Musa al-Kadhim in Muqdadiya district of Diyala.
- Birth Anniversary of Eighth Shia Imam ‘Imam Reza (A)’ / Biography
Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (A.S.), the eighth Shi’ite Holy Imam was born on 11th Zee al-Qa’adah 148 A.H. in the holy city of Madinah. On this happy and auspicious occasion we extend our Heartiest and Joyous Greetings to all the followers and lovers of Holy Ahlul Bayt(A.S.).
- Bahrain files lawsuit to shut Shiite clerics council
DUBAI: Bahraini authorities have filed a lawsuit to close a Shiite Muslim clerics’ council, accusing it of operating illegally and being involved in politics, the justice ministry said on Monday.
- ‘Caught in the middle’: Syrian refugees put strain on Turkish border town
A once quiet Turkish border town has been strained by the bloody conflict on its doorstep, as the stream of Syrians fleeing civil war stretches its resources and leaves locals angry at the lack of international response.
- Iran will accept any elected Syria ruler: Rouhani
TEHRAN: Iran’s President Hasan Rouhani says his country will accept anyone as ruler of Syria who is elected by the Syrian people.