- Thousands protest in Bahrain condemn threats to deport representative of Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani
Manama has recently revoked the citizenship of Ayatollah Hossein Nejati, who is Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani’s representative in Bahrain.”
- Imam Reza birth anniversary marked in Mashhad
Mashhad – the second populous city in Iran- is located in north east of the country. But what makes the city important is that Mashhad holds the holy shrine of the eighth Imam of Shia Muslims, Imam Reza (PBUH).
- Russia denounces UN report on Syrian weapons
Russia has denounced UN investigators’ findings on a poison gas attack in Syria as preconceived and tainted by politics.
- Wave of car bombs, other attacks kill 31 in Iraq
BAGHDAD: A new wave of car bombs rocked commercial streets in the Iraqi capital on Tuesday, part of a series of attacks across the country that left 31 people and four attackers dead.
- Hezbollah MP, Turkish envoy meet over hostages
BEIRUT: A Hezbollah MP met Wednesday with the Turkish Ambassador to Lebanon Inan Ozyildiz over the cases of Lebanese pilgrims kidnapped in Syria and the two kidnapped Turkish pilots, a statement from Hezbollah said.
- Shiites demand separate wakf board in state
HYDERABAD: Alleging that the AP State Wakf Board (APSWB) has failed to protect Shiite wakf properties, activists from the sect on Tuesday demanded a separate Shia Wakf Board to administer and protect its properties across the state.
- Nigerian army kills 150 Boko Harem militants
The Nigerian military says its forces have killed about 150 Boko Haram militants in an operation carried out in the country’s northeast.
- Shia followers are free to practice their faith: Minister
The government has made another promise to the displaced Shia followers from Sampang in Madura, East Java — that they will be able to safely practice their faith once they return to their home villages.
- Two Hazara Shia community members targeted in Quetta
QUETTA: At least two people lost their lives as unidentified miscreants opened fire on them near Double Road of Quetta, the capital of restive Balochistan province.