- Iraq Shiites in a Sea of Blood; Over 100 Killed in Baghdad Funeral Bombings
A string of bombings has killed at least 100 people in the Baghdad suburb of Sadr City, Ur district and the northern city of Baiji, adding to the worst year of violence since US troops began leaving the country in 2008.
- Revenge attacks on rise in Iraq: UN rings alarm bell
UN warns against revenge attacks in Iraq after two blasts killed 73 people in Shiite area of Baghdad one day after Sunni mosque was bombed.
- Book released on ‘Imam Reza from the viewpoint of Sunni Muslims’ in India
Iran has released the Indian rendition of a book entitled as ‘Imam Reza from a Sunni Viewpoint’ in India.
- Bahrain: Arbitrarily Arrested and Reportedly Tortured for False Confessions, Yousif Ali Faces Ongoing Violations
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – The Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) is gravely concerned over the ongoing campaigns of arbitrary arrests carried out by the Bahraini authorities without a warrant or any legal basis, and especially in regards to the use of torture and threats as a policy to extract false confessions which is usually followed by the deprivation of adequate treatment during imprisonment despite the presented medical reports in some of cases.
- Rouhani Says West Must Accept Iran Right to Enrich Uranium
Iran President Sheikh Hassan Rouhani said Sunday that Western governments must recognize Iran’s right to enrich uranium in any deal to allay their concerns about its nuclear program.
- Grand Shia cleric slams Salafi groups
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Grand Shia cleric, Ayatollah Hossein Mazaheri lashed out at Salafi and similar extremist groups for their misdeeds and heinous measures.
- World’s Largest Golden Copy of Quran Gifted to Razavi Holy Shrine
The world’s largest golden copy of the Quran, which was unveiled on the occasion of birth anniversary of Imam Reza (AS), was gifted to the museum of Astan-e Quds Razavi.
- 2 Indians among 68 killed in Kenya terror attack
TWO Indians, including an eight-year-old boy, were among at least 68 people killed as suspected al Shabaab militants — Somalia’s al Qaeda-linked rebel group — remained holed up with an unspecified number of hostages at an upscale shopping mall in Nairobi for the second day Sunday.
- Scores Are Killed by Suicide Bomb Attack at Historic Church in Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan — A suicide attack on a historic church in northwestern Pakistan killed at least 78 people on Sunday in one of the deadliest attacks on the Christian minority in Pakistan in years.