- Iran Urges Libya to Clear Fate of Abducted Imam Musa Al-Sadr
TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian Foreign Ministry official underlined Tehran’s serious pursuit of the fate of kidnapped Shiite Cleric Imam Musa al-Sadr, and called on Libyan officials to seriously pursue the case and shed light on his fate.
- Bahrain jails 50 Shiites for up to 15 years
The Bahraini government has condemned 50 Shia Muslims to up to 15 years behind bars, a judicial source says.
- Azerbaijani Bank Launches Europe’s 1st Islamic Credit Card
International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) is the first European bank to present the Qibla card, which corresponds to the rules of Islamic banking.
- Book on third Shia Imam published
An analysis on the origins and aftermaths of the uprising by third Shia Imam is the theme for the latest book by Nasser Al Karami calling Imam Hussein (AS) as the reason for survival of Islam.
- Suicide bomber kills 24 at Iraq Shia mosque: Police
A suicide bomber targeted mourners at a Shia mosque south of Baghdad on Sunday, killing 24 people, police and a doctor said, the latest in a series of funeral attacks.
- Russia Made Sure UN Syria Resolution Leaves no Loopholes for Use of Force
Russia reached its aim of making sure professionals from the international chemical weapons watchdog are the main actors regarding the UN resolution on Syria, and that there are no loopholes for military action, Russian FM Sergey Lavrov said.
- Bahrainis hold anti-regime rally in memory of activist
People have taken to the streets of Bahrain to hold an anti-regime demonstration in solidarity with the mother of an activist killed by the regime.
- Senior Turkish Shia Cleric: We Are Not the Orphans of This Country, We Are the Owner
Senior Turkish Shia cleric, Selahattin Ozgunduz criticized illegal questioning of the youth who were going to holy city of Mashhad – Iran from Igdir and accusing them of being spies and he asked for questioning of those who were responsible of this action.
- Deadly clashes erupt in eastern Lebanon
Exchange of fire between Hezbollah and rival fighters is week’s second such incident in Bekaa Valley near Syria border.
- U.S. Moves on Syria, Iran Anger Saudi Arabia
RIYADH—The Obama administration’s handling of overtures on Syria and Iran have outraged regional ally Saudi Arabia, which is signaling it wants to do more to boost the power of armed Sunni rebel groups on the ground in Syria as the U.S. pursues diplomacy.