- Systematic sectarian cleansing against Shiites in Bahrain
The head of Al Wefaq resigned bloc, Abdul Jalil Khalil, has revealed the striking sectarian practices of the Authority in Bahrain with numbers and figures of discrimination in recruitment and assigning.
- Pakistan: Shia father embraces martyrdom, son injured in terrorist attack
Terrorists of outlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba/Lashkar-e-Jhangvi shot martyred a Shia father and injured his son in Karachi at midnight between Friday and Saturday.
- Saudi Arabia behind Syria chemical attack: Russian source
A Russian diplomatic source says the August chemical attack near the Syrian capital Damascus was carried out by Saudi Arabian intelligence agents.
- Saudi activist Waleed Abu al-Khair released on bail
Prominent Saudi human rights activist Waleed Abu al-Khair has been released on bail after being detained for holding an “unauthorised” meeting.
- Tunisia: Ennahda and opposition agree on power transfer
Tunisia’s governing Islamist Ennahda party and the opposition have agreed on the appointment of a caretaker government in the coming weeks.
- Iraq violence: Attack kills dozens of Shia pilgrims
An attack on Shia pilgrims in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, has left at least 51 people dead and more than 100 injured, an interior ministry official says.
- Two Journalists among 22 killed in Iraq violence
Baghdad: Gunmen killed two Iraqi journalists in the country’s north on Saturday, as other violence including a suicide bombing at a cafe left 20 people dead, officials said.
- Elite Andhra OCTOPUS commandos capture Islamic extremists wanted for murders in Tamil Nadu
Security forces have, in a tactical operation, captured two Islamic extremists along with a woman and three children from their hideout at Puttur, a tiny town on the Andhra Pradesh-Tamil Nadu border, on Saturday.
- Muslim-Run Women’s Gym Causes Stir in France
A gym opened last month in Le Raincy, Paris has caused a stir in French society, with the local mayor already calling for its closure.
- Norway may help destroy Syrian chemical arms: Report
Norway has been asked to help destroy Syria’s chemical arsenal as part of UN efforts to rid the country of its weapons of mass destruction, a report said on Saturday.