- Another Shiite shot martyred in Karachi by Yazidi terrorists
Terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba/Lashkar-e-Jhangvi shot martyred another Shia Muslim in Karachi on Tuesday.
- Bahrain: 9 Shias sentenced to life in politicized cases
The court’s ruling comes within a series of vengeful sentences handed to activists and regular citizens for their opinions and political activism.
- Telangana: Protests hit public services in India state
Widespread protests by government employees against the formation of the new state of Telangana have crippled public services in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- New encephalitis outbreak in India’s Uttar Pradesh
Fifteen children have died in the past few days in a fresh outbreak of viral encephalitis in India’s Uttar Pradesh state, taking this year’s toll to 358.
- Mali ‘Islamists’ blow up bridge near Gao
Suspected Islamist militants have blown up a bridge near Mali’s northern town of Gao, the army says.
- US credits Syria’s Assad over chemical weapons destruction
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government deserves credit for so far complying with a chemical weapons deal, the US secretary of state has said.
- Saudi Arabian preacher gets 8 years in prison for raping and killing his five-year-old daughter
A Saudi court sentenced a preacher convicted of raping his five-year-old daughter and torturing her to death to eight years in prison and 800 lashes, a lawyer said Tuesday.
- UK reopens Iran diplomatic channels
The UK will restore some diplomatic relations with Iran by appointing a charge d’affaires to work with the country, William Hague has announced.
- Syria: Chemical weapons watchdog to send second team
The world’s chemical weapons watchdog has said it will send a second team of inspectors to boost its programme to destroy Syria’s stockpile.
- Maldives court annuls presidential election result
The Maldives Supreme Court has annulled results from the first round of voting in presidential elections, and called a fresh ballot by 20 October.