- Pressure mounts on Syria opposition to join talks
Damascus: Western and Arab diplomats on Monday will try to build support for proposed Syrian peace talks next month imperilled by rifts among the opposition, which may refuse to attend.
- New Hadith Software “Dirayat-ul-Thaqalayn” to Be Unveiled on Eve of Eid Al-Qadir
On the auspicious occasion of Eid Al-Qadir, a new Hadith software package named “Dirayat-ul-Thaqalayn” will be unveiled.
- Bahrain: Al Marzooq is a hostage, his detention disturbs political solution
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Al Wefaq issued a statement marking one month on the detention of its leading member Khalil Al Marzooq held as hostage by the regime. Al Wefaq stated, “ By keeping Al Marzooq in detention, the Government is insisting on breaching the international law for human rights.
- 17 hard months of captivity, freed Lebanese Shia can’t forget
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Freed Lebanese pilgrims who were abducted and held captive by Syria militants for 17 months, talk about their almost daily near-death experiences in Syria.
- 5 killed in suicide attack on train in Pakistan
At least five persons were killed and 16 others injured when a suicide bomber on Monday struck a Quetta-bound Jaffar Express train in Pakistan.
- Saudi authorities to behead a Shia pilgrim for crying in al-Baqi cemetery
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Foreign relations committee of Iraqi parliament condemned the arrest of one of its citizens and the ruling for him to be beheaded.
- Bahrain cuts jail term for policeman who killed innocent Shiite protester
A Bahraini court Monday cut a jail term handed to a policeman for killing a protester during uprising in 2011 from seven to three years, a judicial source said.
- Iran hopes to wrap up nuclear talks in a year
Dubai: Iran believes it can wrap up negotiations with world powers over its disputed nuclear programme in one year or less, Iranian media quoted its chief nuclear negotiator as saying.
- Syria Talks Won’t Address Assad Role, Minister Says
International peace talks aimed at ending the Syrian conflict won’t discuss the fate of President Bashar al-Assad, Syrian Minister for National Reconciliation Ali Haidar said.
- At Least 6 Killed in Attack by Female Suicide Bomber in Russia – Official
MOSCOW, October 21 (RIA Novosti) – Investigators in Russia said at least six people were killed Monday after a suspected female suicide bomber detonated an explosive device on a bus in the southern city of Volgograd.