- Khalil Marzook: Bahrain court frees opposition figure
A leading member of Bahrain’s main Shia opposition party arrested on terrorism charges has been released temporarily.
- Significance Of Eid Al-Ghadeer
Eid al-Ghadeer is a festival celebrated by the Shia sect of the Muslim community. This festive day is celebrated on the 18th day of the Zil-Hajj month according to the Islamic calendar.
- ‘Shia Muslims in Sweden’
‘Shia Muslims in Sweden’, a book jointly written by Göran Larsson and David Thurfjell, has recently been released in Sweden.
- Bahrain opposition parties: Al Marzooq is a prisoner of conscience, must be immediately released
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – The National Democratic Opposition Parties in Bahrain issued a statement ahead of the trial of Khalil Al Marzooq, the Political Assistant of Al-Wefaq’s Secretary-General, and which will start in a couple of days.
- Anti-Shia Salafis Kill Two Men in Pakistan
Terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba shot martyred 2 Shia men, one in Lahore and another in Karachi.
- Iraq Interior Ministry Lauds Ayatollah Sistani’s Anti-terrorism Stance
Iraq’s Interior Ministry issued a statement praising grand Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani for his anti-terrorism stand.
- Saudi Wahhabi clerics protest outside king’s palace, blame US for women driving
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Around 150 clerics and religious scholars have held a rare protest outside the Saudi king’s palace against fresh efforts by women seeking the right to drive, accusing the US for the launching the campaign.
- Saudi-Backed Bahraini forces brutally kill Shiite teenage activist / Pics
Saudi-backed regime forces in Bahrain have killed a pro-democracy activist in a village in the northwest of the Persian Gulf kingdom.
- Secret memos ‘show Pakistan endorsed US drone strikes’
Secret US documents reveal that senior Pakistani government officials have for years known of and endorsed CIA drone strikes, an American newspaper reports.
- Syrian army seizes Damascus suburb from rebels – state TV
(Reuters) – Syrian forces seized a suburb of Damascus on Thursday from rebels fighting to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad in a push that has shored up government control of the capital’s outskirts, state television reported.