- Experts want Makkah’s Islamic sites preserved
Experts have called on the government to protect various ancient sites and mosques in Makkah because of their religious and historical importance.
- Bahrain: Al Wefaq addresses the Public Prosecution on the raid of its offices
Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society addressed the Public Prosecution Office in response to the illegal raid carried out by the regime forces. http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=477171
- Saliva samples of conservative women taken in wake of spate of suicide attacks in run-up to Sochi Winter Olympics.
- (Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Kenya is one of the world’s 30 poorest countries, with more than half the country’s population living below the poverty line.
- Hundreds of people fleeing the civil war in Syria are being turned back at the border with Jordan and neighbouring countries, says Amnesty International.
- BEIRUT — Syria has destroyed its declared chemical-weapons production facilities, international inspectors said Thursday, marking a major step in the complex task of ridding the country of the weapons of mass destruction.
- Muzaffarnagar: As the fresh communal violence here tested the Akhilesh Yadav government again, the Uttar Pradesh police chief on Thursday admitted to lapses on the part of police even as paramilitary forces patrolled sensitive areas in bid to restore normalcy.
- Iraq’s government will promise the US it will rebuild the Sunni tribal militias it all but dismantled in recent years as a threat to its dominance, in an attempt to garner favour with Washington as it seeks military support in the face of mounting
- MUMBAI: Less than a week ahead of the Muslim month of Moharram, more than three dozen senior clerics and scholars met at Islam Gymkhana near Marine Lines on Wednesday to discuss ways to narrow the divide among Shias and Sunnis.