- Attempts made to distort meaning of Syria peace talks: Russia
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says numerous attempts have been made to distort the meaning of the Geneva 2 peace talks on Syria which are meant to find a political solution to the ongoing crisis in the country.
- Bahrain summons head of al-Wefaq for questioning
Bahrains Interior Ministry has summoned, Sheikh Ali Salman, the head of the countrys main opposition group, al-Wefaq, for questioning.
- Pipeline blast in N Iraq halts oil flow to Turkey
Bomb attacks on an oil pipeline in the northern Iraqi province of Nineveh have halted the oil flow to Turkey.
- 10 killed in car bomb blast in Damascus countryside
At least 10 people have been killed after a car bomb exploded near a cultural center in the countryside of the Syrian capital Damascus.
- UN passes Iran-proposed resolution on disarmament
The UN General Assembly has approved a draft resolution proposed by Iran on international nuclear disarmament despite strong opposition by the US, the Israeli regime and certain Western countries.
- 40 killed in north Yemen clashes: Report
At least 40 people have been killed in three days of clashes between Salafi militants and Houthi fighters in Yemens northern province of Saada, a report says.
- Turkey and Iran Signal a Softening of Differences Over Syria | The New York Times
Nov 1, 2013 – ANKARA, Turkey Turkey and Iran, on opposing sides of the civil war in Syria, signaled a thaw in relations on Friday, asserting that they shared concerns about the rise in sectarianism there and could collaborate to bring peace to their neighbor.
- Saudi El Dorado: Thousands of unskilled workers rush to leave as amnesty expires
RIYADH: Thousands of illegal foreigners, mostly unskilled workers from Asia, are rushing to leave Saudi Arabia before an amnesty expires on Sunday as they risk being fined or even jailed.
- UN Envoy: Syria Peace Talks Impossible Without Opposition
International envoy Lakhdar Brahimi is making a fresh appeal for Syria’s divided opposition to attend a proposed peace conference.