- Shiites in Manchester Launch Imam Hussain (AS) Awareness Campaign + Pics
First of it kind campaign in whole of Europe initiated by Mohebban Youth Foundation Manchester, Imam Hussain Awareness Campaign gives an insight of who Imam Hussain a.s. is and what his stand against tyranny and oppression means today after 1400 years of his and his companions martyrdom in the plains of Karbala.
- Bahrain: Regime Authorities Prevented Prisoners from Practicing Religious Rites
The Islamic Wefaq Association in Bahrain reported that the regime authorities prevented the detainees in al-Hawd al-Jaff prison from practicing their religious rites, warning of toughly sanctioning them.
- Special Muharram Programs On Al-Kawthar TV Channel
Al-Kawthar TV Channel broadcasts 54 special programs for children on the occasion of Muharram Month.
- Ayatollah Noori Hamedani warns against indecent moves in Muharram
On the beginning days of Muharram, a senior Iranian jurisprudent issued a message to warn against innovative moves or distortion of Ashura truths during the mourning ceremonies of Muharram.
- French smartphone app targets Islamophobia
The Collectif Contre l’Islamophobie en France (the Collective against Islamophobia in France) on Monday launched a smartphone app to enable members of the French public to report anti-Muslim acts and speech.
- Tehrik-E-Taliban Pakistan vows to kill shias in Gilgit Baltistan, authorities indifferent
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Militants of Tehreek e Taliban has issued an open warning to target Shia Community in Gilgit Baltistan, but the government is indifferent to threats made, and danger posed, and is taking no steps to secure the safety of minority Muslim sect there.
- Egypt Shias to commemorate Ashoura in al-Hussein mosque
Shia movements and coalitions in Egypt have announced plans to rally inside al-Hussein mosque in Cairo on Thursday to receive condolences over death of al-Hussein bin Ali, a Shia tradition known as Ashoura mourning.
- Huthi Says Killing Houthi More Important Than Killing Jews
Sure the Koran says that Allah sent Mo to wage war and be “victorious over all religions, even though the infidels may resist.” (Koran 61:9) But does killing of Muslims from other sects come before killing Jews and Christians?
- In Assad’s Syria, Iranians are calling the shots
BEIRUT, Lebanon, Nov. 6 (UPI) — The recent killing of an Iranian Revolutionary Guards general in Syria’s civil war underlines what analysts say is Tehran’s growing military presence in supporting its embattled ally, President Bashar Assad, with some saying the Iranians now control the regime’s military campaign.
- Bombings at Damascus railway landmark, Syrian intelligence compound kill 16
BEIRUT – Bombs targeting the entrance of a landmark Ottoman railway building in Damascus and a feared security agency in Syria’s southeast killed at least 16 people on Wednesday, activists reported.