- Text about Imam Hussein (a.s) on a vehicle in London
Shia Muslims express their love to Imam Hussein (a.s) by writing it on the body of a vehicle in London.
- Ayatollah Saidi: Every moment of the stance of Imam Hussein (a.s) is a lesson
The Friday prayer leader of Qom city while talking about the stance of Imam Hussein (a.s) stated that while taking lessons from every moment of the incident of Karbala we should educate people about the objectives of the stance of Karbala.
- Pakistan Taliban Appoint New Leader, Say Peace Talks ‘Waste of Time’
Nearly a week after its leader was killed by a US drone raid, Pakistani Taliban chose a new commander, as they dismissed proposed peace talks with the government as a “waste of time”.
- Iraq attacks kill 7 as violence rages
BAGHDAD A series of attacks in Baghdad and central Iraq killed seven people on Friday, the latest in a months-long surge in bloodshed that comes in the lead-up to major Shia commemorations.
- Syria army retakes parts of base by Aleppo airport: NGO
BEIRUT, Nov 09, 2013 (AFP) – Syrian troops have recaptured parts of a military base seized by rebels early this year in fierce fighting near the international airport of second city Aleppo, a monitoring group said Friday.
- Roadblocks Remain as Officials Work Toward Iranian Nuclear Pact
GENEVA — With Secretary of State John Kerry and other ranking Western officials converging here on Friday, negotiators wrestled with the final hurdles to a landmark nuclear agreement with Iran that would temporarily freeze its nuclear program.
- Iran nuclear talks to enter third day after ‘progress’
Talks in Geneva on Iran’s nuclear programme between Iran and world powers are to enter a third day on Saturday.
- Syrians on Both Sides of the War Increasingly See Assad as Likely to Stay
BEIRUT, Lebanon — A growing number of Syrians on both sides of their country’s conflict, along with regional analysts and would-be mediators, are demanding new strategies to end the civil war, based on what they see as an inescapable new reality: President Bashar al-Assad is staying in office, at least for now.
- At least 100 dead in Haiyan typhoon: Philippines
A senior government official in the Philippines says at least 100 people may have died from the impact of super typhoon Haiyan.
- Two killed as riot police attack protesters
Clashes have erupted during a rally in support of ousted Egyptian president, Mohamed Morsi, in the city of Suez, killing at least two protesters and injuring several others.