- Three Shia Muslims, including prayer leader shot dead in Pakistan
Unidentified gunmen Saturday attacked Shia Muslims at two different mosques in eastern Pakistan and killed a prayer leader and two other worshippers, police and witnesses said.
- Report: 90% Saudi Disabled People Suffer Sexual Abuse
Ninety percent of Saudi mentally or physically disabled people are subjected to sexual abuse across the kingdom, a new report said.
- Shia cleric: Wahhabism is the brainchild of Zionism
Wahhabism is the brainchild of Zionism, said representatives of Iran’s Supreme Leader in Kurdistan province.
- Sunni Imam: Ashura is resistance lesson against Arrogance
Friday prayer Leader of Sanandaj, Mamousta Hessam al-din Mojtahedi, underscored the importance of marking Muharram time and mentioned the day is full of lessons for Muslims from different Islamic denominations.
- Thai Shia Muslims Mourn Imam Husseins (AS) Martyrdom Anniversary
On the occasion of martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS), Shia Muslims in Thailand hold mourning ceremonies in the first 10 days of Muharram.
- Iran Inaugurates Production-Line of Sayyad 2 Missiles
The Iranian defense ministry on Saturday inaugurated the production line of its powerful and high-precision missiles dubbed Sayyad (Hunter) 2, Farsnews agency reported.
- Syria: Takfiri terrorists attack al-Sayda Zainab shrine with mortar shells, 10 injured
Takfiri terrorists fired 4 mortar shells to al-Sayda Zainab shrine in Damascus which 2 shells hit the shrine on Friday.
- Indonesia Salafi clerics stick to demands for Shiite conversion
Religious Affairs Minister Suryadharma Ali has said there is a possibility that the Shia refugees from Sampang, Madura, who are currently living in a shelter at the Puspa Agro Market complex in Jemundo, Sidoarjo, East Java, will be able to return to their homes in the near future.
- Iran, world powers conclude talks in Geneva
Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany have concluded three days of intense talks on Tehran’s nuclear energy program in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Saudi Arabia to execute top Shia cleric in coming days: report
TEHRAN The Saudi authorities are planning to execute prominent Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr in the coming days, a group calling itself the Al-Qatif News Network said on its Arabic webpage on Facebook.