- Senior Turkish Shia Imam: “We Will Say Labbaik to Zainab”
Senior Turkish Shia cleric, Selahattin Ozgunduz mentioned in his speech that: “the day of Ashura this year is different and thousands of us will gather on 13th of November and we will say labbaik to Zainab and it means that we will be Abbas for her.
- Senior Egyptian Mufti criticized Salafis’ threats against Shia mourning ceremonies in Muharram
“Nobody is allowed to prevent Shia religious ceremonies during Muharram as long as they comply with Islamic laws and teachings”, Sheikh Abdul Hamid Al-Atrash.
- Performance of Ta’ziyeh in Beinolharamein – Karbala (Photos)
Ta’ziyeh is an ancient and uniquely Iranian passion play that reenacts the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (AS), grandson of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH), in the desert of Karbala in the 7th century.
- Rugby Star Embraces Islam
Famous Australian rugby league star Blake Ferguson has converted to Islam.
- Philippine typhoon death toll exceeds 10,000
The death toll from super typhoon Haiyan is rapidly on the rise and authorities warn it could soar well over 10,000, Philippine officials say.
- Ethiopia condemns Saudi crackdown on workers
Ethiopian Foreign Minister Tedros Adhanom has condemned Saudi Arabia for its brutal crackdown on migrant workers in the kingdom.
- Ceasefire halts sectarian violence in north Yemen
SANAA, Nov. 10 (Xinhua) — The Yemeni government on Sunday imposed a ceasefire agreement between Shiite Houthi rebels and Sunnis in the country’s northern town of Dammaj, after two weeks of deadly fighting that killed over 100 people.
- News Analysis: Turkey, Iraq bid to mend ties for mutual benefits
ANKARA, Nov. 10 (Xinhua) — Turkey’s top diplomat started a two- day official visit to Iraq on Sunday to help smooth out differences in rocky relations between Ankara and Baghdad since 2011.
- Malik appeals to ulema to support efforts for sectarian harmony
QUETTA, Nov 10: Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has stressed the need for joint efforts to ensure peace during Muharram and urged ulema of different schools of thought to support the government in this regard.
- Punjab govt failed to maintain law, order: SUC
LAHORE – Shia Ulema Council (SUC) Punjab chapter President Allama Mazhar Abbas Alvi has slammed Punjab govt for its failure in maintaining law and order in the holy month of Muharram.