- Syrian army seizes full control of several areas in Aleppo countryside
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Units of the armed forces on Saturday seized full control of the areas of Brigade 80, the FM station, the General Company for Roads and Bridges (RODCO), aL-Manar gas station and Falaha factories in the countryside of Aleppo After destroying the last terrorists gatherings.
- Pakistan: A Shia shopkeeper shot martyred, Sunni co-worker injured in terrorist attack
A Shia Muslim embraced martyrdom and his Sunni co-worker was injured when takfiri terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba stormed into their shop in North Nazimabad and opened fire upon them.
- Dozens of School Students Suffer Breathing Difficulty in Israeli Gas Attack
Large numbers of Israeli forces raided Seelat Al-Harthiya village, West of Jenin, on Monday morning and fired teargas and sound bombs at a school.
- Egypt detains Syrian refugees, forces them out: HRW
Human Rights Watch (HRW) says the new Egyptian government has detained hundreds of Syrian refugees under difficult conditions and forced them to leave the country.
- Jordan’s largest newspaper shuts down
Jordan’s largest newspaper has closed down following a protest by the paper’s staff against delayed payments and corruption in the government of Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour.
- Philippines declares state of national calamity
The Philippine President Benigno Aquino has declared a state of national calamity to enable the government to respond more effectively to the devastation and chaos caused by monster Typhoon Haiyan.
- Iran: 1,000 Days Under House Arrest
(Beirut) – Three major opposition figures in Iran have been under house arrest or detention for 1,000 days with no charges against them, notwithstanding President Hassan Rouhani’s promise to release political prisoners, Human Rights Watch and the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran said today.
- Revealed: Iran’s Supreme Leader is a Billionaire
While Iran has been buckling under the sanctions that have been crippling its economy, the country’s supreme leader is apparently enjoying the billions he has in the bank.
- Restrictions imposed on Shia Muharram processions in Srinagar
Srinagar: Aiming to prevent sectarian clashes during the Muslim mourning month of Muharram, the Srinagar district magistrate Monday ordered restrictions on Shia Muharram processions in the city Nov 13 and 15.
- Syria opposition says would attend peace talks with conditions
ISTANBUL: Syria’s main opposition grouping said Monday it will attend peace talks on the condition that President Bashar al-Assad transfers power and is excluded from any transition process.