- Iran-IAEA deal threatens global peace: Netanyahu
Israel, the only possessor of nuclear weapons in the Middle East, has criticized a recent agreement between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as ‘a threat to global peace.’
- Female lawyer, activists arrested in Bahrain
A well-known female lawyer and several activists have been abducted in nighttime raids by regime forces in Bahrain as the crackdown continues on peaceful protesters in the Persian Gulf Arab state, Press TV reports.
- Syrian army pushes back militants near capital
Syrian army forces continue to push back foreign-backed militants fighting against the government in a town near the capital Damascus.
- U.S. to lobby governments, private sector against collapse of Iran sanctions regime
Israel, U.S. estimates on how much cash will enter Iran after sanctions relief differ to the tune of at least $10 billion.
- Mossad and the Saudis Convinced Iran Seeking Nuclear Holocaust
The Israelis and the Saudis are convinced the Geneva talksare nothing more than appeasement, Munich style, and will do little to slow Iran’s effort to possess a nuclear warhead.
- Sunni-Shia scholars say attack on Ashura procession a deep rooted plot against Pakistani Muslims unity
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Karachi-based Sunni and Shia scholars of Milli Yakjehti Council (National Solidarity Council) have demanded on Saturday that those attacked Ashura procession in Rawalpindi and made pro-Yazid provocative hate-speech.
- Pakistan imposes curfew in Rawalpindi over Shia killings
The Pakistani authorities have imposed a curfew in Rawalpindi, near the capital Islamabad, after eight people died in sectarian clashes on Friday.
- Islamist coalition calls for dialogue to ease Egypt’s crisis
A coalition of Islamists said on Saturday it was ready to seek dialogue to end Egypt’s bloody political crisis, on condition that the army-backed government halt a security crackdown.
- Syrian army launches offensive near Lebanon border
BEIRUT: Syrian troops clashed with rebels in a mountainous western region Saturday in what appeared to be an offensive to cut an opposition supply route from Lebanon, forcing hundreds to flee for safety across the border, activists and officials said.
- France’s Hollande heads to Israel ahead of Iran talks
Francois Hollande will meet Israel’s President Peres and PM Netanyahu, who has described the French president as ‘a close friend of the state of Israel’