- Taliban claim deadly attacks on Shias in Pakistani city of Karachi
Pro-Taliban militants have claimed responsibility for recent twin bombings that targeted a predominantly Shia neighborhood in the southern Pakistani port city of Karachi.
- Twin bombs at Iraq Shia mosque kill nine: Officials
Twin bombings — an explosives-rigged vehicle followed by a suicide attacker — at a Shia mosque in Iraq’s restive northern town of Tuz Khurmatu killed at least nine people Saturday, officials said.
- Deadly blasts hit Pakistani city of Karachi
At least seven people are reported to have been killed in two bomb explosions in a busy area of Pakistan’s southern city of Karachi.
- Iran nuclear talks: Hague bids to close ‘narrow gaps’
The UK’s foreign secretary has said “narrow gaps” remain between Iran and the six world powers meeting in Geneva to discuss Tehran’s nuclear programme.
- Egypt expels Turkish ambassador
Egypt has told the Turkish ambassador to leave the country, a day after the Turkish leader called for ousted President Mohammed Morsi to be freed.
- Shia Bahrainis march against ‘repression’
Thousands take to the streets south of Manama to protest against what they say is a crackdown on the opposition.
- Syrian Rebels Seize Control of Oil Field From Assad
BEIRUT, Lebanon — A group of Syrian rebel brigades, including an affiliate of Al Qaeda, seized a large oil and gas field from government forces on Saturday, opposition activists said, further depriving the government of President Bashar al-Assad of the resources it needs to remain solvent.
- Lebanon ‘identifies’ Iran embassy bomber
Judge names one of men behind attack in capital Beirut that killed 23 people, after DNA tests on his father.
- Bairam Khan’s mausoleum in Patan lies in shambles
PALANPUR: Not many know that an inconspicuous mausoleum in a desolate part of Patan could be that of Bairam Khan, commander in chief of the Mughal army, a powerful statesman and the guardian, chief mentor, advisor, teacher and most trusted person of emperor Akbar.
- No protest demos on Sunday: Shia Ulema Council
KARACHI: Leader of Shia Ulema Council (SUC) Shabbir Matmi Saturday announced to cancel the protest demonstrations which were scheduled to be held Sunday under the SUC’s banner.