- India accelerates Iranian port project after US-Iran thaw
NEW DELHI: India is sending a team to Iran to speed up work on a port that will provide access to resource-rich Central Asia and Afghanistan, officials said, moving quickly to take advantage of a thaw in Iran’s relations with the West.
- Iran to launch indigenous Sharif Sat soon
President of Sharif University of Technology says the domestically designed and manufactured satellite called Sharif Sat is ready to be launched into orbit, and it will be lifted into space sometime in autumn.
- Imam Hussein museum attracts five thousand visitors in Al-Qatif, Saudi Arabia
Imam Hussein museum temporarily established in Al-Qatif city, Saudi Arabia has attracted five thousand visitors. The museum included the old banners used to be fluttering over the holy domes of the Imam Ali and Imam Hussein Holy Shrines, In addition to forty pieces of antiquities presented from Iraq and Iran.
- Pakistan: Sunni parties demand ban on the use of Ahl-e-Sunnat by outlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba
Noted scholars and parties of Sunni Bralevis have demanded of the government to ban the use of word “Ahl-e-Sunnat wal Jamaat” by the outlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba, a terrorist organisation of deobandi fanatics.
- Syrian Electronic Army Hacks TIME Magazine over Assad
The hacktivist pro-Assad group known as the “Syrian Electronic Army” (SEA) briefly hijacked the Twitter feeds of TIME magazine in response to a critical description of President Assad’s candidacy for its ‘Person of the year’ award.
- Salafists Disrupt Friday Prayers in Tunisia
Tunisia Salafists have disrupted Friday prayers in Al-Fath Grand Mosque in Bizerte province.
- Syrian PM: Overcoming Foreign-Backed Militants Not Far
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi thanked Iran for its humanitarian aid offered to the Syrian people during the last 30 months, and expressed optimism that his government and people would throw all mercenaries out of their country in the near future.
- Escalation as Sunnis Join Shia in Repudiation
Reports from across Syria, and increasing coming in from many areas including Aleppo, Qalamoun and Reqaa lay bare massive crimes being perpetrated against the Syrian people in the name of Islam from areas under Salafist control.
- US Offers to Destroy Syria’s Chemical Weapons
The United States has offered to help destroy some of the most lethal of Syria’s chemical weapons stockpile at an offshore facility.
- Stop Tendulkar praise, say Pakistani Taliban
The Pakistani Taliban have warned their country’s media to stop praising Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.