- Baghdad bomb attacks leave dozens dead
Nine explosions target crowded marketplaces and commercial districts in Shia Muslim districts of Iraqi capital
- Bahrain jails 12 Shias over attack on police
A Bahraini court on Sunday sentenced 12 Shias, including three minors, to prison terms of up to five years for attacking a police patrol with Molotov cocktails, a judicial source said.
- Malasyia Home Minister: Shiite members not welcome in Islamic parties / PAS leader not to be Shia
Home Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi today issued an order for religious authorities to clamp down on PAS deputy president Mohamad Sabu over his alleged links to the banned Shia movement.
- Pakistani Shia ulema demanded Security for mourning processions
The Shia Ulema Board has asked the government to provide security to the participants of mourning processions to be taken out till 8th Rabiul Awwal in connection with the Chehlum of martyrs of Karbala and warned that Punjab government would be held responsible for any untoward incident.
- Militants Behead 7 Syrian Christians in Reef Homs
Armed rebels committed another heinous crime in Syria by beheading seven Syrian Christians in Reef (countryside of) Homs in the Western parts of the country.
- Book of Tamam-e Nahj-ul-Balaqa on Display at UN Library
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the book Tamam-e (the entire) Nahj-ul-Balaqa has been displayed at the UN library.
- Bahrainis hold protests against Al Khalifa regime in Sitra
Protesters in Bahrain have once again taken to the streets to call for the downfall of the Al Khalifa regime.
- “Imam Ali (AS) and Quranic Sciences” Seminar in Najaf
A specialized seminar titled “Imam Ali (AS) and Quranic Sciences” was held on December 7 in the holy city of Najaf.
- Yemen says complex attackers mostly Saudi
SANAA: Militants who launched a brazen daylight assault on the Yemeni defence ministry that killed 56 people were mostly Saudis, investigators said on Saturday.
- Syria: Islamists Find a New Way to Behead
The horrific acts being carried out in the Syrian civil war know no bounds. The war has seen more than 120,000 people killed in just under three years, with many mass executions documented, as well as on thousands of women and girls, and torture of prisoners, sometimes ending in their death.