- Bahrain is a stricken country, youth are victims of abuses
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – The Bahrain Youth Centre of Al Wefaq National Islamic Society in Bahrain expressed its serious concern over the ongoing human rights violations since the eruption of the prodemocracy movement in February 2011.
- Another notable Pakistani Shia shot martyred in terrorist attack
Another notable Shia was shot martyred in a targeted attack of Takfiri terrorists of outlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba in Karachi late on Monday night.
- Dozen more lives snuffed out in overnight Karachi violence
KARACHI: At least 12 people were gunned down in the city on Monday, two of them apparently killed in sectarian attacks and one of the other victims a Muttahida Qaumi Movement activist.
- With US ties frayed, Saudi calls for Gulf union
MANAMA: With its decades-old US alliance strained over the Syria war and a nuclear deal with Iran, Saudi Arabia is calling on the Gulf monarchies to unite for their own self-defence.
- Hamas says it has ‘resumed’ ties with Iran
GAZA CITY: The Palestinian Hamas movement has “resumed” relations with Iran after a temporary falling out over the Syrian conflict, a senior member of the movement said Monday.
- Hardline Pakistani group shuts Iranian stall at book fair
Karachi: A stall set up by the Iranian consulate at the recent Karachi International Book Fair was forcibly shut down by a Pakistani right-wing group.
- Syria’s Jihadists Linked to Organized Crime
The al Qaeda-affiliated groups in Syria have started working with crime syndicates and racketeering thugs for kidnappings, arms-smuggling, and widespread looting.
- I will not be cowed by Ahmad Zahid’s Shia talk, says Mat Sabu
Unfazed by the Home Minister’s accusation that several PAS leaders are Shia followers and should be detained, the Islamist’s party’s deputy president Mohamad Sabu said he will not be cowed by the minister’s threat and challenged Ahmad Zahid Hamidi to reveal evidence to support the allegation.
- Bangladesh postpones hanging of Islamist leader
Dhaka, Bangladesh (CNN) — Bangladesh postponed the hanging of an Islamist leader shortly before his execution was to take place Tuesday, his attorney told CNN.
- Explosions around Iraq claim at least 18 lives
A car bomb outside a cafe and other attacks in central Iraq killed at least 18 people on Monday, officials said.