- 46 killed, 100 wounded in violent attacks in Iraq
At least 46 people were killed and 100 others wounded in violent attacks in Iraq on Thursday, including a wave of bombings against Shiite pilgrims, police said.
- Russia blocks UN condemnation of Syria government
Russia on Thursday blocked a US-drafted UN Security Council statement condemning the Syrian government’s increasing military offensive on Aleppo, diplomats said.
- Taliban threaten to attack Bangladesh mission in Pakistan
Islamabad, Dec 19 (IANS) The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has threatened to attack the Bangladesh high commission in Pakistan here in the wake of killing of war criminal Abdul Qadir Mollah in Bangladesh, a Pakistani newspaper reported Thursday.
- Dozens of Holy Quran found in street drains in Saudi city
Police authorities of Wahabi-Salafi Kindgom of Saudia Arab, in collaboration with the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice in Taif have uncovered over fifty copies of the Holy Quran discarded in the streets’ sewerage drainage system in Al-Salama district of Taif.
- S Arabia gives activist 13 yrs in jail: HRW researcher
A Shia activist in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to 13 years in jail and a 15-year travel ban, according to a Human Rights Watch (HRW) researcher.