- Nigerian Shia Muslims Commemorate Arba’een
Shia Muslims trekked hundreds of kilometers from many parts of Nigeria to the headquarters of the Islamic movement of Nigeria in the northern city of Zaria to commemorate the Arbaeen.
- Tehran hosts computer science & software engineering event
Top Iranian computer science and software engineering students have gathered at Tehrans famous Sharif University of Technology. Based on 2011 & 12 statistics Iranian students were ranked top 14 in the world in computer engineering.
- Syrian army foils infiltration attempt
Forces of the Syrian army have attacked a number of foreign-backed militants who were trying to infiltrate into the country from Lebanon, Press TV reports.
- Christian areas hit by Baghdad bombs
Two bombs in Christian areas of the Iraqi capital Baghdad have killed at least 35 people, officials have said.
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood declared ‘terrorist group’
The military-backed interim Egyptian government has declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group after blaming it for a deadly attack on a police HQ earlier this week.
- Abu Qatada defiant in Jordan terrorism trial
Radical cleric Abu Qatada has taken a defiant stance as his trial on terrorism charges resumed in Jordan.
- Russia flies lorries to Syria to move chemical weapons
Russia has sent 75 vehicles to Syria to assist the international operation to destroy or remove its chemical weapons.
- Bahrain envoy booked for molestation
The Malabar Hill police have registered a case of molestation against Mohammed Abdulaziz Al Khaja, counsul general of Bahrain in the city, on the complaint of a woman working as a manager at his Nepean Sea Road housing society.
- Bangladesh deploys military in election countdown
Tens of thousands of troops were to be deployed across Bangladesh Thursday in a bid to contain deadly political violence ahead of elections which are being boycotted by the opposition.
- Iran mulls plan to move capital from Tehran
Advocates say heavy pollution, traffic jams and risk of earthquakes strain city of 12 million people.