- World powers, Iran to resume expert nuclear talks on December 30
Experts from Iran and six world powers will resume talks on Monday on how to roll out last month’s landmark nuclear deal in Geneva, hoping to resolve numerous technical issues before the accord can take effect.
- Iran rebuilding famed Bam citadel
While Irans Bam citadel will never be returned to its past glory, experts who are painstakingly rebuilding the architectural masterpiece after an earthquake destroyed it a decade ago are hopeful they will be able to restore some of it.
- Member states want EU embassy in Iran, MEP says
EU countries have informally told the European Parliament they want the Union’s foreign service to open an embassy in Iran.
- U.S. aid to Syrian refugees generally stops at the border
Only a tiny number of the more than 2 million refugees fleeing Syrias civil war can meet the requirements to be resettled in the United States, frustrating international relief officials who say the numbers needing help could nearly double in the coming year.
- British political leaders unite in plea to help Syrians
The leaders of Britain’s three main politicial parties issued a joint plea urging all nations to help drive forward the aid efforts in Syria
- Syria’s War Creates A Demand For Artificial Legs
In a clinic in southern Turkey, Mohammed Ibrahim helps 23-year-old Mustapha Abu Bakr take his first steps since he lost his legs, holding on to a set of bars for balance.
- Syria rejects accusations over Beirut blast
Syria has dismissed allegations made by Lebanons March 14 Alliance accusing Damascus of being behind a car bomb attack that killed a senior March 14 figure.
- Bahraini princess acquitted of torture charges
A Bahraini lawyer has confirmed that princess Sheikha Noura bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa has been acquitted on charges of torturing doctors.
- Syria forces ambush, kill scores of militants
Syrian army forces have killed scores of militants, including members of the al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front, near a historic Christian village north of the capital, Damascus.