- Bahrain police arrest opposition leader
Police in Bahrain have arrested Sheikh Ali Salman, the head of the main opposition group, al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, in the latest wave of crackdown on activists and peaceful protesters in the kingdom.
- Bangladesh nabs opposition activists
Bangladesh police have rounded up hundreds of opposition supporters a day before a mass rally against the upcoming January 5th general elections.
- 2 students killed at al-Azhar University
At least two students have been killed and several others injured in fresh clashes between Egypt security forces and student protesters at al-Azhar University.
- Vaccinator killed by gunmen at Mattani Hospital
Gunmen shot dead a health officer supervising an anti-polio vaccination campaign after storming a hospital where children were being immunized on Saturday here, Geo News reported.
- Preparations to remove Syria’s chemical weapons
Representatives from Russia, the United States, Syria and the UN have met in Moscow to work out how to safely remove Syria’s chemical weapons.
- Six Killed during Arrest of Iraqi Lawmaker
At least six people were killed and several others wounded in Western Iraq during the arrest of a lawmaker on terrorism charges.
- Over 200 Al-Nusra Terrorists Killed in Armys Ambush in Southern Syria
The Syrian army killed a large number of militants affiliated to an Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group in an ambush near Qarreh town in Damascus countryside.
- Saudi Arabia Faces Blowbacks of Supporting Extremism
Measures of the House of Saud in sponsoring extremists in other Middle East countries such as Syria and fueling sectarian war will have serious consequences for themselves, although the officials think that geographical distance may preserve them, a report said.
- Iranian Researchers Produce Solar Icemaker
Iranian researchers built a device that can produce ice by utilizing the solar energy instead of conventional electricity energy consumption.
- Iran would review EU embassy request: Afkham
Iran Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham says Tehran will review any request by the European Union to establish a representative office in the country.