- South Korea halts Bahrain tear gas exports
South Korea has ordered the suspension of tear gas exports to Bahrain amid pressure from activists.
- Deadly blast at Iran war film shoot
At least five people have been killed and several seriously hurt in Iran in an explosion at a filming location.
- Syria rebels capture ISIS headquarters in Aleppo
Islamist rebels have captured the headquarters of the al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) in the Syrian city of Aleppo.
- Iraq fighting: UN warns of humanitarian crisis in Anbar
The UN’s envoy to Iraq has warned of a “critical humanitarian situation” in Anbar province, as troops prepare to launch a major assault against al-Qaeda-linked militants in Falluja.
- Syria crisis: Russia blocks UN statement on Aleppo attacks
Russia has blocked a UN Security Council statement condemning the Syrian government’s use of air strikes against civilians in the city of Aleppo.
- Sectarian violence: Doctors observe strike over Shia colleagues killing
MULTAN: Traders and doctors in Rajanpur on Tuesday observed a strike over the killing of a Shia doctor on Sunday night.
- MUI Yogyakartas call to disband Shia organization attracts harsh criticism
A request by the Yogyakarta branch of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) to the police to monitor, freeze or disband institutions or organizations whose members are adherents of Shia Islam has received criticism from a number of well-known individuals.
- Watchdog body urges Syria to speed up chemical handover
Jan 8 (Reuters) – The world’s chemical weapons watchdog, which is overseeing the destruction of Syria’s toxic arsenal, called on the government of President Bashar al-Assad to pick up momentum in handing over the remaining chemicals.