- Iraq’s Kurds start unilateral oil exports
As sectarian conflict grows, the Kurds are bypassing the central government to export from the oil-rich north to Turkey
- Tunisian PM resigns to make way for new elections
Tunisian prime minister has stepped down and handed over his powers to a caretaker government as part of a plan to end the months-long political deadlock in the country.
- Iran, big power nuclear talks hit snag on centrifuge research
(Reuters) – Negotiations between Iran and six world powers on implementing a landmark November deal to freeze parts of Tehran’s nuclear program in exchange for easing some sanctions have run into problems over advanced centrifuge research, diplomats said.
- Pakistani Teen Dies Stopping Bomber From Striking School
A teenager who was killed after reportedly stopping a suicide bomber at a school in northwest Pakistan is being hailed as a hero.
- Baghdad Bombing: Suicide Bomber Kills 12 At Iraqi Army Recruiting Center
BAGHDAD (AP) A suicide bomber blew himself up at a military recruiting center in Baghdad on Thursday, killing at least 21 people in an attack likely meant to send a message to the government and would-be army volunteers over the Iraqi troops’ ongoing push to retake two cities overrun by al-Qaida militants.
- Karbala’s Shiite authority welcomes Anbar’s displaced families
Dozens of displaced families including many women and children have flocked to the city of Karbala after the clashes.
- Bahrain govt suspends reconciliation talks with Shiite majority indefinitely
Bahrain announced late Wednesday that it has suspended reconciliation talks with the Shiite opposition majority amidst growing unrest, according to the Associated Press.
- Blast in Pakistan Kills Senior Police Official
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan A senior Pakistani police investigator at the forefront of operations against the Taliban and other criminals in the sprawling, seaside city of Karachi was killed in a huge bomb blast there on Thursday, police officials said. His driver and a security officer were also killed in the attack, and at least 11 people were reported wounded.
- 16 killed, dozens injured in Syria car bomb blast
Baku-APA. At least 16 people have been killed and over a dozen wounded in a massive car bomb explosion in Syria’s central Hama Province, local media said, APA reports quoting Press TV.
- Bangladesh MPs take oath, new Cabinet on Sunday
Bangladesh will have its new Cabinet led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday as members of the new Parliament took oath on Thursday.