- Tunisia signs new constitution
Longer drafting process by elected assembly helped create one of Arab world’s most progressive constitutions, say observers
- Women, children refuse to leave Syria’s Homs: Activists
Beirut: More than half of the 500 women and children trapped in the Syrian city of Homs refuse to be evacuated, saying they fear leaving male relatives behind, activists said Monday.
- Japanese Universities Offer Halal Food
A growing number of Japanese universities are offering halal meals in their menus to cater to the needs of the growing number of Muslim students.
- Syrian Army Kills Terrorists, Destroys Several Assembly Points
Units of the Syrian armed forces carried out operations against terrorists’ dens and gatherings in Aleppo and its countryside, inflicting heavy losses upon them, state-run SANA news agency reported.
- Another 215 Shia pilgrims airlifted to Quetta from Dalbandin
As many as 215 more Shia pilgrims have been airlifted from Pakistans southwestern town of Dalbandin to provincial capital Quetta, local media reported on Monday.
- Another Shia doctor Ghulam Mustafa embraces martyrdom in Pakistan
Takfiri terrorists of outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi/Sipah-e-Sahaba shot martyred a Shia doctor in Punjab province.
- Faisal Mikdad: Assad to Remain President Until Syrian People Say Otherwise
Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mikdad stressed that only Syrian people can decide the fate of President Bashar al-Assad.
- Bahrain lifts travel ban against opposition leader Ali Salman
A defense lawyer says a Bahraini court has lifted a travel ban against the head of the Gulf island nation’s main opposition group.
- Bahraini forces open fire at mourners
Security forces in Bahrain have attacked a funeral procession held for a young protester, who died of injuries sustained during a demonstration in the northern village of Markh.
- Second chemical shipment removed from Syria: U.N.
DAMASCUS: A second shipment of chemical weapons materials has been removed from Syria under a deal to eliminate its arsenal, the joint UN mission overseeing the disarmament said Monday.