- Jamaat-e Islami leader accused of blasphemy over calling Osama Sayyid al-Shuhada
Pro-Taliban Jamaat-e-Islami leader Munawar Hassan has called Osama bin Ladin as Sayyid al-Shuhada.
- Senior Turkish Shia Imam: “Syria Is For Syrian People”
Addressing thousands of prayers in Friday Prayer in Halkali Zeynebiye Mosque, the leader of Turkish Shias, Selahattin Ozgunduz congratulated the Championship of IFA Sport and then evaluated the Geneva-2 conference.
- Bahrainis denounce dissolution of Shia group by Manama regime
Bahraini demonstrators have taken to streets to protest against the dissolution of a prominent Shia clerical group by the Al Khalifa regime.
- Bangladesh Islamist party leader sentenced to death for arms smuggling
Former home affairs minister and two ex-intelligence chiefs also among 14 convicted of funnelling weapons to rebel group
- Turkish forces ‘strike ISIL convoy in Syria’
Army attacks al-Qaeda-linked rebel convoy in Syria in retaliation for cross-border fire, local media reports.
- After Syria, al Qaeda expanding in Lebanon
Beirut: Faced with recent setbacks in Iraq and Syria, al Qaeda is slowly but firmly gaining influence in Lebanon, helped by the country’s increasing sectarian violence and the turmoil caused by Syria’s civil war, sources close to the group say.
- Militants assault government building in Baghdad
BAGHDAD (AP) Gunmen and suicide bombers staged a brazen assault on a government building in Baghdad, officials said, killing two people in the latest such attack in the heart of the Iraqi capital by militants trying to undermine further the Shiite-led government’s shaky authority.
- Report: Daughter of Iran’s ex-president Rafsanjani gets suspended sentence in slander case
TEHRAN, Iran – An Iranian news agency is reporting that the daughter of former President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has received a six-month suspended prison sentence on charges of slandering top officials.