- Syria: Terrorists target the holy shrine of Imam Hussain’s daughter ‘Lady Sakinah’ (Images)
Takfiri extremist terrorists in Syria targeted the dome over the holy shrine of Lady Sakinah the daughter of the third Shia Imam, Hussain ibn-Ali (P), in Daraa – Syria on Wednesday.
- Leaders of Shiite community call govt. to carry out clean-up operation against terrorist groups in Peshawar
Expressing anger over relentless incidents of target killings and sectarian violence, leaders of Shiite community have called the government to carry out clean-up operation against terrorist groups in Peshawar and ensure protection to the lives and properties of masses.
- Number of displaced in Syria to nearly double by 2014 end: UN
The number of people displaced by the raging civil war in Syria is expected to nearly double to 6.5 million by the end of 2014, according to a top UN official.
- Blast in Libya’s Benghazi injures 12 school children
BENGHAZI, Libya, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) — An explosive device went off in a private school in Libya’s eastern city of Benghazi on Wednesday, wounding 12 students, including two in critical condition, security sources told Xinhua.
- Syrian rebels free hundreds in attack on prison
BEIRUT (AP) A suicide bomber blew himself up at the gates of a Syrian prison Thursday and rebels stormed in behind him, freeing hundreds of inmates as part of an offensive aimed at capturing key government symbols around the northern city of Aleppo, activists said.
- Some 50 Americans fighting alongside Syrian rebels and Al Qaeda US officials
More than 50 US citizens have joined Syrian rebels and are fighting to overthrow Syrian government. Some of the US citizens, who have been trained by al-Qaeda-linked groups and have returned back to America, are under FBI surveillance, US intelligence officials said Thursday.
- Seven car bombs across Baghdad kill at least 13
BAGHDAD: Seven car bombs exploded across Baghdad on Thursday, killing at least 13 people in apparently coordinated attacks that targeted mainly Shiite Muslim districts, security sources said.
- In Pakistan, outlawed terrorists back in limelight
Mast Gul, who escaped after Charar-e-Sharif gunfight in 1995, was seen with TTP militant at a press conference in North Waziristan
- Smoking gun: Saudis running jihadists in Syria
WASHINGTON A captured member of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims that the ISIL and other Islamic militant groups in Syria not only are supported by a member of the Saudi royal family but that individual actually heads the ISIL.