- Evacuation continues in Syria despite gunfire, explosions
(CNN) — More than 600 people were evacuated from a restive Syrian city on Sunday, after gunfire interrupted a U.N.-brokered humanitarian pause, state media reported.
- Syria crisis: ‘Hundreds’ evacuated from besieged Homs
More than 600 civilians have been evacuated from the rebel-held Old Quarter of the central Syrian city of Homs, state media report.
- Iran agrees new action to address UN nuclear concerns
Dubai/Vienna: Iran agreed on Sunday to take seven further steps within three months under a deal with the UN atomic watchdog meant to help allay international concern about Tehran’s nuclear programme.
- At least 15 pilgrims killed in Saudi Arabia hotel fire
At least 15 people have been killed and 130 injured in a fire at a hotel used by pilgrims in the Saudi holy city of Medina, state media report.
- Bosnia-Hercegovina protests break out in violence
Demonstrators in Bosnia-Hercegovina have set fire to government buildings, in the worst unrest since the end of the 1992-95 war.
- 10 killed in Iraq
Baghdad: At least 10 people, including six policemen, were shot dead in Iraq’s Salahudin province, a police source said Sunday.
- Pakistan Taliban yet to convey agenda to govt
Amid news reports that the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan has finalised an agenda for a dialogue, government sources on Sunday said that they were still to hear from the negotiators and there was nothing formal in terms of demands yet.
- 9 killed in clashes between militants and tribals in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least nine people were killed on Sunday in clashes between two groups in Pakistans Balochistan province.
- Barricades, arrests following as Turkey protests turn violent
Brussels: Demonstrations against a restrictive new Internet law grew violent Saturday night, as hundreds of protesters clashed with police near Istanbuls main Taksim Square.
- UN: Civilian Casualties on the Rise in Afghanistan
ISLAMABAD A new United Nations report says the number of civilians dying in fighting in Afghanistan continues to rise. 2013 civilian deaths matched the record highs of 2011.