- Sources: Saudi Intelligence Agency Orchestrating Support for Militants in Iraq
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Saudi intelligence agency is providing constant military backup for the militants fighting against the Iraqi government, informed sources said.
- Pakistan warns Iran not to send in troops after guards kidnapped
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Pakistan warned Iran on Tuesday not to send troops across the two countries’ shared border to retrieve five kidnapped Iranian border guards, an incident that threatens to exacerbate regional and sectarian tensions.
- Bahraini activist Zainab al-Khawaja released
Bahraini pro-democracy activist Zainab al-Khawaja has been released from jail.
- Iran’s largest private bank sues UK government for $4bn damages
Bank Mellat, Iran’s largest private bank, is suing the UK government for $4bn (£2.4bn) in damages after the Supreme Court quashed sanctions against it.
- Nine killed and soldiers seized in southern Yemen clash
At least nine people, including five soldiers, have been killed in a gun battle in the southern Yemeni city of Daleh, officials say.
- Iraq violence: Almost 50 killed in car bomb wave
At least 49 people have been killed in a wave of car bombs in the Iraqi cities of Baghdad and Hilla, officials say.
- Iran at talks: No scrapping any nuclear facility
VIENNA Iran drew a red line on Tuesday on how far it would go at landmark nuclear talks, saying as the meeting opened that it would not buckle to pressure from the U.S. and five other world powers to scrap any of its nuclear facilities.
- Jail, fine for unauthorised occupants of waqf properties
New Delhi: A bill providing for imprisonment of up to one year and fine of Rs 5,000 or both to unauthorised occupants of waqf properties was introduced in Rajya Sabha on Tuesday.
- Syrian media says army regains control of village where rebels accused of killing Alawites
BEIRUT – Government troops have regained full control of a village in central Syria after ousting rebels accused of killing dozens of people there, state media said Tuesday as activists reported an explosion in a southern town killed at least 18 people.