- Iran bans new reformist daily, arrests chief
Tehran Iranian authorities on Thursday banned a newly launched reformist daily and arrested its managing director over an article seen as insulting to Islamic law, official sources said.
- Rebels’ grip on border region weakens under Syrian Army assault
Losing Qalamoun would be a blow, cutting off access to smuggling trails and the highway connecting Homs, Damascus, and the coast.
- Four dead in clash in Saudi’s Shiite east: Ministry
Riyadh: A firefight in a mainly Shiite area of eastern Saudi Arabia killed four people, including two policemen, on Thursday, the interior ministry said.
- Saudi jails 7 up to 20 years over Shiite protests
Riyadh: A Saudi court has jailed seven protesters for up to 20 years for joining a demonstration and chanting anti-government slogans in a mostly Shiite region of the kingdom, local media reported Thursday.
- Suicide Bomber Targets Shiite Cultural Center In Kabul
KABUL — A suicide bomber targeting a Shiite cultural center has killed one person and wounded four others in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- 90 bodies found in Nigeria after attacks: Official
Lagos:A day after deadly attack by Boko Haram, a total of 90 corpses have been recovered and buried in Nigeria northeast town of Bama, a senior official said Thursday.
- Govt to adopt carrot and stick policy with Taliban
ISLAMABAD: Although, the Taliban hideouts in North Waziristan and Khyber Agency were targeted by the PAF fighter jets on Wednesday and Thursday, the federal government has decided not to suspend the peace talks with the Taliban.
- Mortar attack hits mainly Shiite town in Iraq, killing at least 22 people
BAGHDAD — A mortar attack struck a busy area in a mainly Shiite town south of Iraq’s capital Thursday, killing at least 22 people and wounding more than 50, authorities said.
- Pakistani Airstrikes Target Militants in Tribal Areas
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan Fighter jets and helicopter gunships pounded areas believed to be Taliban hide-outs in the tribal regions of northwestern Pakistan late Wednesday and early Thursday, as the prospects for a peace initiative appeared to evaporate.
- 50 feared dead in Nigeria attack: Witnesses
LAGOS: At least 50 people were feared dead after an attack in Nigeria’s northeast Borno state early Wednesday by suspected Boko Haram militants, witnesses said.
- Iran says negotiation agenda agreed in nuclear talks
VIENNA: Iran and six world powers have agreed on an agenda for negotiations over Tehran’s nuclear programme and will meet again next month in Vienna, a senior Iranian official said after two days of talks in the Austrian capital.