- Saudi Arabia will demolish Prophet Mohammad birthplace
Saudi Arabia will go ahead with plans to demolish the birthplace of Islams holy prophet as part of a redevelopment project.
- Bahrain: Ahmed AlArab: Severely Tortured for Confessions, Denied Medical Attention
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – The Bahrain Center for Human Rights expresses its deep concern about the wellbeing of the detainee Ahmed Mohammed Saleh AlArab (22 years old ), who has been reportedly subjected to torture and still suffering from resulting injuries.
- Pakistan:Munawar Hassans pro Yazid comments evoke stiff protest from Shia Muslims
Shia Muslims have angrily reacted to the blasphemous remarks of chief of Jamaat-e-Islami who tried to equate the holy personality of infallible Imam Hussain (AS) with deviant and despotic Umayyad ruler Yazid.
- Saudi forces martyr two Shiite protesters in Qatif
Security forces in Saudi Arabia have killed two anti-government activists in the Qatif governorate of EasternProvince.
- Morsi accused of leaking Egypt security secrets to Iran
Cairo: Prosecutors on Sunday accused deposed president Mohamed Morsi of leaking state secrets to Iran’s Revolutionary Guards as part of a plot to destabilise Egypt, at the second hearing of his trial for espionage.
- Pakistan Army Pounds Militant Hideouts, 38 Dead
PESHAWAR, Pakistan Pakistani fighter jets attacked suspected militant hideouts in the tribal areas on the Afghan border on Sunday, killing at least 38 insurgents, officials said, the third in a series of air strikes since last week.
- Deadly car bomb hits Syrian hospital
An explosives-laden vehicle has exploded and killed at least nine people near a field hospital in the northern Syria, close to the Turkey border.
- Taliban Attack Kills 21 Afghan Soldiers
KABUL, AfghanistanA Taliban attack on an army outpost killed at least 21 Afghan soldiers, a military setback that prompted President Hamid Karzai to put an overseas trip on hold.
- Saudi ‘seeking Pakistani arms for Syrian rebels’
Dubai (AFP) – Saudi Arabia is in talks with Pakistan to provide anti-aircraft and anti-tank rockets to Syrian rebels to try to tip the balance in the war to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad, a Saudi source said Sunday.
- Security Council consensus on humanitarian supplies to Syria
The United Nations Security Council has passed a unanimous resolution on the delivery of humanitarian aid to Syria the decision flowing from a consensus that the government and the armed opposition would be held responsible for providing relief to the people entangled in the bloody conflict, which has already claimed over 100,000 lives.