- Defeat Al Saud to uproot terrorism: Iraq MP
Senior Iraqi lawmaker Mohammad al-Sayhood has said that Saudi Arabias support for terrorist Takfiri groups poses a threat not only to Iraq but to the entire world.
- Iran to Build 200,000 Houses in Iraq | Affairs Press
Iran plans to build 200,000 houses in Iraq, a senior adviser to the Iranian vice-president announced on Sunday
- Women of Iran defy mullahs by embracing western fashions
The regime in Tehran is increasingly feeling the pressure, but not from sanctions or the threat of a military strike.
- Iran Plans Higher Fees for Riskier Oil Fields in New Accords
Iran will offer foreign partners incentives to find and pump more crude and natural gas and will pay some fees in barrels as it seeks to boost income once international sanctions are lifted.
- Pakistan Minister invites Taliban to play cricket
From an offer of talks, it’s now an invitation to play cricket. Pakistan Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan told reporters in Islamabad after playing an exhibition match on Monday that the Taliban should play cricket and stop fighting, since they evinced such a keen interest in the game.
- Egypts Cabinet resigns, sets stage for presidency
CAIRO Egypts interim Cabinet resigned Monday in a surprise move that could pave the way for the nations military chief to announce his widely anticipated plans to run for president in the spring.
- Two Killed in Suicide Attack Outside Iranian Consulate in Pakistan
PESHAWAR, PAKISTAN Two security guards were killed and more than a dozen people wounded on Monday in a suicide bombing outside the Iranian consulate in Peshawar in northwest Pakistan, police said.
- Exclusive – Iraq signs deal to buy arms, ammunition from Iran: documents
(Reuters) – Iran has signed a deal to sell Iraq arms and ammunition worth $195 million, according to documents seen by Reuters – a move that would break a U.N. embargo on weapons sales by Tehran.
- Air pollution in Iran still heavy, officials seeking solution
Since the beginning of the current Iranian calendar year (started in March 2013), there have been only four healthy days in Tehran, the governor of Tehran province, Hossein Hashemi said, Iranian IRNA news agency reported on Feb. 24.
- Top Military Body Against Syrias Assad Is in Chaos, Undermining Fight
ANTAKYA, Turkey It appeared to be a huge step forward for the scattered rebel groups fighting to topple President Bashar al-Assad of Syria: the creation of a central body of top insurgent commanders who would coordinate military campaigns, direct foreign support and serve as a unifying force for their diverse movement.
- Senior al-Qaeda commander killed in Syria
Aleppo (Aljazeera): A Syrian rebel commander, who fought alongside al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden and was close to its current chief Ayman al-Zawahiri, was killed by a suicide attack in Aleppo, intensifying in-fighting between rival armed groups. The killing of Abu Khaled al-Suri on Sunday in a suicide bombing in the al-Halq area of Aleppo was confirmed by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.