- Iran says nuclear talks with powers ‘substantive and useful’
Vienna/Ankara: A senior Iranian official said on Friday that expert-level talks between Iran and six world powers on Tehran’s nuclear programme had been “substantive and useful”.
- Turkey warns Facebook and YouTube could be banned
Ankara: Turkeys embattled prime minister has warned that his government could ban popular social media networks YouTube and Facebook after a number of online leaks added momentum to a spiralling corruption scandal.
- Riyadh gives jihadists 15 day ultimatum to return
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia on Friday called on its citizens fighting abroad to return to the kingdom in 15 days or face imprisonment.
- Six dead in Syria raids on Yabroud: activists
BEIRUT: Syrian helicopter gunships killed at least six people Friday when they dropped barrel bombs on the strategic rebel stronghold of Yabroud, close to the Lebanese border, a monitor said.
- Pakistan poised to launch military action against Taliban
Defence minister warns that government will bomb militant hideouts or invade tribal areas if insurgent attacks continue
- Bahrain, Iran clash at UN rights forum
Bahrain yesterday accused Shia Iran of fomenting deadly violence in the kingdom, and a Tehran official accused the Sunni-ruled island state of torturing and imprisoning its critics.
- Iran denies medical care to political prisoners
Nicosia (AFP) – The International Federation for Human Rights on Thursday raised the alarm over what it termed the deliberate denial of medical care to sick political prisoners in Iran.
- Polish Diplomat Slams Iran During Visit
Poland’s Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski visited Iran this past weekend, only to find that he was blocked from visiting the website of a major Polish newspaper due to Iran’s extensive internet censorship laws.
- Iraq violence kills 10, including senior officer
BAGHDAD: Violence in Iraq, including shelling in a city held by anti-government fighters for over two months, killed 10 people on Friday, among them a senior police officer, officials said.
- France convicts 3 for wanting to fight in Syria
PARIS: Three young men were convicted and handed prison sentences Friday for trying to travel to Syria, a magnet for foreign fighters, even though they never left France.