- Jaish-ul-Adl terrorists kill one of captive Iranian border guards
Irans Interior Ministry has confirmed that one of the five border guards abducted by terrorists and transferred to Pakistan last month has been killed.
- The Supposed Reason Iran Is Building a Mock-Up of a U.S. Aircraft Carrier
U.S. officials last week were mystified as to why Iran was constructing a mock-up of an American nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, as the New York Times reported.
- Clashes Spread to Eastern Iraq; 98 Killed, 34 Wounded
At least 98 people were killed and 34 more were wounded across Iraq. In Diyala province, security forces are trying to prevent militants from taking over Buhriz.
- Displacement, violence likely cause of Iraqs first polio case in 14 years
DUBAI, 24 March 2014 (IRIN) – Health officials in Iraq are stepping up polio immunization and surveillance following the first confirmed case of the virus in the country in more than a decade.
- Unpaid Indians in Saudi Arabia call for help
Dubai: Eleven Indian women, working as cleaners in a hospital in Saudi Arabia have appealed for help after they were allegedly not paid their salaries for the past nine months, a media report said Saturday.
- Turkey Warns Syria of Further Action After Downing Warplane (1)
Turkey told Syria that it was ready to act again in defense of its borders and warplanes after the shooting down of a warplane said to have flown into its territory.
- Syrian anger as Turkey downs jet
SYRIA accused Ankara of flagrant aggression yesterday after Turkey shot down a warplane near the border, raising tensions as Syrian loyalists and rebels battled for control of a frontier crossing.
- Syrian Rebels Seize Town Near Turkey
Rebels seized the small town of Kassab on Sunday, taking a strategic area in northeastern Syria near the border of Turkey.
- Turkeys Twitter ban extends to URL shortener
Turkey has extended its block of Twitter to t.co, the link shortening service of the popular social media platform, making it harder for those who successfully circumvent the ban reach the content shared elsewhere.
- Suspected al Qaeda militants kill 14 troops in surprise attack in Yemen
SANAA, Yemen Suspected al Qaeda militants attacked a security checkpoint in southeastern Yemen on Monday, killing at least 14 troops and wounding several others, officials said.
- Malaysia Airlines flight ‘crashed into southern Indian Ocean’
The missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was found to have ended its flight in the remote waters of the southern Indian Ocean, the Malaysian Prime Minister said on Monday, with all 239 people on board feared to have lost their lives in one of the biggest and most baffling tragedies in modern aviation history.
- Quarter of Saudi jihadis have returned
Riyadh: Saudi Arabias interior ministry has said that 25 per cent of the countrys fighters, including individuals wanted in security cases in Syria, have returned home.