- Militant group frees abducted Iran border guards
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) A semi-official Iranian news agency is reporting that an al-Qaida-affiliated militant group operating in a lawless frontier area along the Pakistan-Iran border has released Iranian border guards abducted two months ago.
- Baby-faced killer? Nine-month-old boy clasping his bottle appears in court accused of planning murder in Pakistan
A nine-month-old boy has appeared in court accused of planning a murder in Pakistan, it has been reported.
- 10 Yemeni policemen killed in attack on checkpoint
At least 10 policemen were killed Friday in an armed terrorist attack by Al Qaeda militants on a security checkpoint in Yemen.
- Pak Taliban extends ceasefire until April 10
Peshawar, Apr 4 (PTI) The Pakistani Taliban today extended the ceasefire until April 10 and said it would decide later on the future course of action on peace talks with the government.
- More UAE support for Syrian refugees
Beirut, April 4 (IANS/WAM) The Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation (KF), in cooperation with the United Arab Emirates embassy in Lebanon, is working to provide relief for displaced Syrians in various Lebanese areas.
- MH370: Is it a cover-up?
Malaysia’s Government is deliberately concealing information that would help explain what happened to missing flight MH370, the country’s Opposition Leader has claimed.
- Turkey PM slams court about Twitter, hints at presidential run
Turkey’s Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan, emboldened by local election wins, today criticised Twitter, the nation’s top court, central bank and hinted he could run for the presidency.
- Rebels take northern Syrian town on main highway – activists
(Reuters) – Islamist rebels in Syria have retaken a town from President Bashar al-Assad’s forces, activists said on Friday, in part of an offensive along a stretch of the main highway linking Damascus to the northern city of Aleppo.