- Oyoon Akhbaar al-Reza, vol. 2, p. 261; Wasaael al-Shia, vol. 10, p. 435-437
Zalmai Rassoul was seen as the favoured candidate of outgoing President Hamid Karzai, and his support for Abdullah could be influential in deal-making to choose Afghanistans next leader.
- MH370: Families demand release of raw satellite data
Grieving families of 239 people aboard the crashed Malaysian jet, including from India, have demanded the release raw satellite data to solve the over two-month- long aviation mystery even as an underwater drone is set to resume the hunt for wreckage in the remote Indian Ocean.
- UN experts: Irans illicit procurement appears to slow amid nuclear talks
Irans attempts to illicitly procure materials for its disputed nuclear and missile programmes appear to have slowed down as it pursues talks on a long-term accord with world powers, a U.N. expert panel said in a confidential report seen by Reuters.
- Varanasi: Why many Muslims find hope in Narendra Modi
Varanasi: Amid all talk of communal polarization and the Muslim antipathy towards Narendra Modi, a section of the community has been working silently to ensure the latters victory in Varanasi.
- Blast Kills 4, Injures 8 in NW Pakistan
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – At least four people were killed and eight others injured when a bomb went off in Pakistan’s northwest Peshawar city on Sunday afternoon, local media reported.
- Election Campaign Starts in Syria
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Campaigning for Syria’s June 3 presidential election begins on Sunday, the Supreme Constitutional Court said.
- Militants Kidnap, Kill 20 Iraqi Soldiers
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Militants attacked a military base north of Iraq, kidnapped 20 soldiers and later shot them dead, police and a morgue employee said on Sunday.
- Iranian Version of RQ-170 Drone Unveiled
TEHRAN (Tasnim) Iranian version of the US advanced RQ-170 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) was unveiled in a special ceremony on Sunday morning.
- UN Envoy Applauds Iran for Hosting Large Number of Refugees
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – UN resident coordinator in Iran appreciated the measures adopted by the Islamic Republic in hosting foreign nationals, saying Iran is the worlds second biggest country accepting foreign refugees.
- AEOI to Play More Active Role in Irans Health Sector: Official
TEHRAN (Tasnim) The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) plans to upgrade the countrys medical capabilities by employing nuclear technology, AEOI chief announced.