- Opposition: Car bomb in Syria kills 8 after prayers
(CNN) — At least eight people were killed and 10 wounded when a car bomb exploded Friday outside a mosque in the northern Syria city of Binnish, according to the opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
- Irans Visa Waiver Program to Include More Nations: Minister
TEHRAN (Tasnim) Irans intelligence minister announced that plans are underway to lift visa requirements for the nationals of 12 countries.
- No Agreement between Bahraini Regime, Opposition
TEHRAN (Tasnim) Sheikh Ali Salman, head of Bahrains main Shiite opposition bloc Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, rejected rumors about agreement between the opposition and the Al Khalifa regime.
- Silence, neglect by Nigerian president angers town where girls kidnapped
Distraught families of the missing kidnapped girls in Nigeria said they were angered by President Goodluck Jonathans continued neglect of their town, Chibok.
- UN council to vote on taking Syria before criminal court
UNITED NATIONS, United States: The UN Security Council is expected to vote next week on a resolution to haul Syria before the International Criminal Court, although the measure is likely to fail because of opposition from Russia and China.
- 23 injured in blasts
At least 23 people have been wounded in two blasts in different parts of Pakistan, officials said yesterday, including two policemen.
- Nuclear Talks With Iran Fail To Yield Pact, Officials Say
LONDON The latest round of nuclear talks between Iran and six world powers ended on Friday in Vienna, with Iranian and American officials saying that progress was slow and difficult, with serious gaps between the two sides on basic issues like the size of any nuclear enrichment capability Iran would be permitted to retain.
- Libya clashes between rival militias in Benghazi
Fierce clashes in Libya killed 24 people on Friday after a paramilitary force led by a former general attacked Islamist militias in Benghazi.
- No chance of finding survivors of sunken Bangladesh ferry, officials say
Bangladeshi officials say there is no chance of finding further survivors of a ferry that sank in a storm with about 200 people on board.
- Bombings at Nairobi market kill 10, wound 70
Two bombs killed 10 people and wounded 70 others Friday, tossing bodies into the air at a market in Kenyas capital, while hundreds of British tourists were evacuated from the coastal resort of Mombasa after warnings of an impending attack by Islamic extremists.