- Russia vows to veto UN resolution on Syria
Resolution would authorise international criminal court to look into allegations against Syrian government and opposition
- UK to deport Bahraini teenager amid torture fears
A Bahraini protester has been denied asylum in the UK and is set to be deported to the Persian Gulf country in the coming days, a British daily reports.
- Clashes between Yemen army, Houthis kill 25
More than two dozen people have been killed in fresh clashes between Yemeni security forces and Houthi fighters near the city of Amran, medical sources say.
- Boko Haram, ISIS don’t represent Islam
“I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah.” This was the statement made by Abubakar Shekau, the leader of Boko Haram, in a video clip released after his group kidnapped 300 schoolgirls in Nigeria. Among the demands made by Boko Haram, after killing civilians, abducting girls and selling them by Allah is to establish an Islamic caliphate!
- Osamas son-in-law Abu Hamza convicted of terrorism in US
New York: London imam Abu Hamza al-Masri was convicted of terrorism charges in New York on Monday, following a four-week trial that shined a spotlight on the preacher’s controversial anti-Western statements.
- Dozens dead in clashes in northern Yemen
Up to 25 people were killed on Tuesday in clashes between Yemeni Army units and Shiite rebels north of the capital, Sanaa, local media reported.
- Syria conflict: Deadly missile strike on northern town
At least 13 people, including eight children, have been killed in a missile strike on the town of Marea in north-eastern Syria, activists say.
- Quick fixes unlikely for Iraq after election: Experts
Strong election results may deliver a third term for incumbent premier Nuri al-Maliki, but few of Iraq’s intractable problems, from brutal violence to fragile sectarian ties, appear closer to resolution, experts say.
- Libya unrest: Many fear ‘worst is yet to come’
Political tensions are rising in Libya after the government accused renegade general Khalifia Haftar of planning a coup.