- Pakistani top Shia party announces sit-in to protest against Shia genocide
Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen has announced on Thursday they will stage a rally and a sit-in outside Chief Ministers House on Sunday in second phase their ongoing protest against the Shia genocide in Karachi.
- How Iran duped high-ranking US officials with fake website
An elaborate online ruse centered on a fake news website tricked some US military and diplomatic officials into divulging password and login information to Iran cyber-spies, a report says.
- Iran’s baby boom decree prompts fears for women’s rights
Reformists warn Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s population drive could restrict access to contraception and further marginalise women
- Iran Reports First Death From MERS Virus
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) Iran has suffered its first fatality from the Middle Eastern respiratory virus, its official news agency reported Thursday, a day after the first cases in Islamic Republic were publicized.
- Iran inaugurates growth hormone production line
Iran has launched its first growth hormone production line, making the country a major pioneer in possessing the know-how.
- Iran Sentences Dissident Facebook Users to Lengthy Jail Terms: Report
An Iranian court has sentenced eight people to jail terms ranging from seven to 20 years for crimes including anti-regime propaganda posted on Facebook, an opposition website has said.
- Iran Denies Summoning Zuckerberg to Court, Banning Instagram and WhatsApp
The attorney general of the Iranian province of Fars on Wednesday denied a report that a local court had summoned Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg over privacy violations, despite complaints having been filed by some individuals.
- Boko Haram abducts two Nigerian Muslim leaders
Two Muslim community leaders have been abducted by suspected members of Islamist extremist sect Boko Haram in Nigerias northern Borno State, local newspaper Leadership reported on Friday.
- Shia voice discontent at Saudi Arabia’s ruling Sunni
Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province is home to many of the country’s minority Shia population.
- #BBCtrending: Outcry over shoe on Mecca’s Kaaba
A photo of a Saudi policeman resting his foot on a holy building has angered many in the Arab world, but also triggered a wave of sympathy.