- Afghan Forces Foil Suicide Attack in Nimroz Province
TEHRAN (FNA)- Afghan national security forces foiled coordinated suicide attack plot in Western Nimroz province of Afghanistan.
- Army Conducts Military Operations across Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian army conducted major military operations in different parts of the country on Sunday.
- Frustration prompts new MH370 mission
The wife of a man aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 says contradictory information coming from the investigation into the plane’s disappearance has prompted a $US5 million reward for information leading to a breakthrough in the mystery.
- Iran says direct US talks essential for nuclear deal
TEHRAN: Direct talks with the United States this week on Tehrans nuclear programme hold the key to bridging gaps at a serious phase of negotiations and sealing a deal, a top Iranian official said Sunday.
- Al-Sadr bloc says to join opposition if Maliki named PM
Iraq’s three main Shiite coalitions, including al-Maliki’s State of the Law and Sadr’s Ahrar, won 161 out of 328 seats in Iraq’s parliament in the April’s legislative election.
- With New Vows, Egypt Leader Takes Office
CAIROFormer military chief Abdel Fattah Al Sisi was sworn in as Egypt’s president, promising to deliver on the demands for democracy embodied in two revolutions over the past three years.
- 69 people killed in violence across Iraq
A total of 69 people were killed and 99 others wounded in separate insurgent attacks across Iraq Sunday, police and medical sources said.
- 23 pilgrims killed in Taftan terrorist attack
QUETTA: As many as 23 Shia pilgrims were killed and many injured in bomb explosions and firing incidents in Taftan tehsil, some 932 kilometers from Quetta, on Sunday night.
- 15 killed as terrorists attack Karachi airport
KARACHI: At least fifteen people were killed when heavily armed terrorists attacked Pakistans busiest airport in Karachi on Sunday night. Ten terrorists were killed in the ensuing joint operation.