- Iraq militants seize Mosul, causing thousands to flee
Video footage from Mosul shows militants from an al-Qaeda offshoot, ISIS, driving through the streets
- Disputed Libyan PM quits after court ruling
Disputed Libyan Prime Minister Ahmed Maiteg says he is stepping down to comply with a Supreme Court ruling that his election was unconstitutional.
- ‘Friendly fire from the air’ kills 5 U.S. service members in Afghanistan
Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) — Five American service members were killed in southern Afghanistan when a coalition jet, called in to help ward off a Taliban attack, mistakenly bombed them, an Afghan official said Tuesday.
- Karachi airport hit by another Taliban attack, terrorists flee (Roundup)
The Airport Security Force (ASF) Academy’s camp near the Karachi international airport came under attack from heavily-armed Taliban gunmen Tuesday within a day of a terror siege that ended in a toll of 30, media reports said.
- Direct US-Iran talks on nuclear deal begin in Geneva
Senior US and Iranian officials have begun two days of direct talks in Geneva on Iran’s nuclear programme.
- Air Strikes on Taliban Hideouts Kill 15 in Northwest Pakistan: Officials
Peshawar, Pakistan: Pakistan carried out early morning air strikes in the restive Tirah Valley area of the Khyber tribal district on Tuesday, killing at least 15 people, according to a statement by the military.
- Taftan suicide bombers to be identified through DNA
QUETTA: The Balochistan government has decided to determine through DNA testing the identities of four suicide bombers who killed 24 Shia pilgrims in Taftan earlier this week, a senior administration official said Tuesday.
- Bomb blast kills 15 at funeral in Iraq
BAGHDAD (AP) Iraqi officials say 15 people have been killed and more than two dozen have been wounded in a bomb attack on a funeral in the central city of Baqouba.
- 3 Indians held for taking pvt tuitions in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, Jun 10 (PTI) Three Indian teachers in Saudi Arabia have been arrested here for giving private tuitions, an illegal and punishable offence in the kingdom.