- Iraq crisis: The footage that shows Isis militants taunting and killing Shia soldiers
Footage of captured Iraqi soldiers being taunted and killed by militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isis) has been placed on the internet.
- Shia Muslim shot martyred in MQM-stronghold in Karachi
Another Shia Muslim was shot martyred in takfiri terrorists attack in MQM-stronghold in Karachi. It is 4th martyrdom in MQM-dominated area since Saturday last.
- Prominent Shia Cleric Asks PM to Support Iraq Against ISIL
Responding to latest developments in Iraq, prominent Shia Cleric Maulana Agha Roohi Abqati today said India should support the Iraqi government in its fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants.
- UK to reopen embassy in Tehran
UK Foreign Secretary William Hague is to announce plans Tuesday for the United Kingdom to reopen its embassy in Tehran, Iran, closed since an attack by protesters in 2011 prompted a dramatic breakdown in relations.
- Yemen air force strikes Shiite rebels
SANAA: Yemeni warplanes hit Shiite rebel positions Tuesday in the north, where the army has come under repeated attacks after the collapse of a short-lived truce, local and military officials said.
- Shiite Authority Caused Upheaval in Iraq: Senior Iranian Lawmaker
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The head of Iranian Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said Shiite authority support and Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistanis Fatwa caused a great national upheaval in confronting the terrorist group ISIL.
- Iraq: Shiite militia executed nearly 4 dozen Sunni prisoners, police say
BAGHDAD — Possible signs emerged Tuesday of reprisal sectarian slaughter of Sunnis in Iraq, as police said pro-government Shiite militiamen killed nearly four dozen detainees after insurgents tried to storm a jail and free them northeast of Baghdad.
- ISIL ADVANCE HALTED NORTH OF BAGHDAD, TAL AFAR FALLS
MOSUL/WASHINGTON, June 16, (Agencies): The United States said it could launch air strikes and act jointly with its arch-enemy Iran to support the Iraqi government, after a rampage by Sunni Islamist insurgents across Iraq that has brought accusations of war crimes.
- EGYPT SEIZES MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD-OWNED SUPERMARKET AND DEPARTMENT STORE
The crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood continues in Egypt under newly-minted president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi. On Sunday, two retail outlets owned by high-ranking members of the now illegal political party were seized and shut down, as per a court decree.
- 44 dead after Sunni terrorists battle Shiite militia in Iraq
BAGHDAD Sunni insurgents pushed farther into a province northeast of Baghdad, laid siege to a police station and battled pro-government Shiite militiamen in overnight clashes that left at least 44 detainees dead, Iraqi officials said Tuesday.