- Maharashtra Cabinet Clears Quota for Muslims and Marathas
New Delhi: The Maharashtra government today cleared the proposals for reserving five per cent seats in government jobs and educational institutions for Muslims and another 16 per cent for the Marathas.
- Lashkar Responsible for Attack at Indian Consulate in Herat: US
Washington: Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was responsible for the terror attack at the Indian Consulate in Afghanistan’s Herat province last month, the United States said today.
- Deadly Attack, Low Turnout Mar Libya Election
Tripoli: A deadly attack on troops and low turnout Wednesday marred Libya’s general election on which hopes were pinned of ending three years of turmoil since dictator Moamer Kadhafi’s ouster.
- Gunmen Planned to Blow up Plane in Pakistan by Hitting Fuel Tank
Peshawar: Holed up deep inside a Taliban-friendly neighbourhood, gunmen waited patiently for the passenger plane to approach the airport before raising their guns into the night sky and unleashing a hail of bullets to shoot it down.
- As insurgents advance, Maliki calls for unity
HADITH OF THE DAY
Did Allah forgive the companions for fleeing from battles? The Perfect Recognition of the Five Infallibles (a.s.) Who is Al-Imam al-Mobeen? Was Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) in favour of Tarawih? Ameerul Momineen’s (a.s.) so-called respect for Ayesha based on Sunnah of Past Prophets