- Shiites, ISIS terrorists meet on front lines outside Baghdad
MEHERIN, IRAQ (CNN) – There are growing concerns ISIS fighters are moving closer to the northwestern edge of the Baghdad airport.
- Up to 45 killed in clashes in Iraqi holy city of Karbala: sources
(Reuters) – Up to 45 people were killed in clashes between Iraqi security forces and followers of a radical cleric in the holy Shi’ite city of Karbala on Wednesday, security sources said, signaling divisions among Shi’ite factions as a Sunni insurgency rages.
- Kabul airport attacked as SpiceJet aircraft was preparing to fly to Delhi
NEW DELHI: In a close shave for Indian flyers, a rocket attack took place at Kabul airport on Thursday morning when a SpiceJet aircraft was getting ready to fly to Delhi. Luckily for the over 100 passengers on board the Boeing 737, the rocket landed a safe distance away from the aircraft and hit a hangar.
- Iraq Kurd chief asks MPs to organise independence vote
ARBIL, Iraq: Massud Barzani, the president of Iraq’s autonomous Kurdish region, asked its parliament on Thursday to start organising a referendum on the long-held dream of independence.
- Iraq crisis: 46 Indian nurses taken to undisclosed location by ISIS militants, MEA informs all safe
Baghdad: Militants of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) on Thursday moved all Indian nurses in Tikrit to an undisclosed location, Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin informed saying that the MEA is in touch with interlocutors on the ground.
- Iraq crisis: ISIS controls area five times that of Lebanon in Syria
BEIRUT: Sunni fighters of the Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) Thursday gained control over the eastern Syrian province of Deir Ez-zor and now occupy an area five times the size of Lebanon in Syria, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
- Syrian Jets Bomb Border Areas With Iraq
Syrian aircraft have bombed border areas between Syria and Iraq, killing three Iraq civilians according to local officials.
- Security beefed up across UK airports after evidence of ‘possible al-Qaida attack’
LONDON: Britain has tightened security in airports across UK after receiving credible evidence from American spies of a “possible al-Qaida terror attack in a manner like never before”.
- UN, aid agencies help 470,000 displaced people in Pakistan
Islamabad: The UN and other aid agencies are helping 470,000 people who have been displaced from Pakistan
HADITH OF THE DAY
Did Allah forgive the companions for fleeing from battles? The Perfect Recognition of the Five Infallibles (a.s.) Who is Al-Imam al-Mobeen? Was Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) in favour of Tarawih? Ameerul Momineen’s (a.s.) so-called respect for Ayesha based on Sunnah of Past Prophets