- Iran, world powers start final nuclear talks round before deadline
(CNN) — World powers and Iran resumed talks Thursday in Vienna, Austria, aimed at reaching a permanent deal on the future of Tehran’s nuclear program ahead of a looming deadline.
- UK had plan to train and equip 100,000 Syrian rebels
Britain had planned to train and equip a 100,000-strong rebel army to defeat Syrian President Bashar al-Assad before it was deemed to be too risky, BBC Newsnight reported on Thursday.
- Human Rights Watch Urges Pakistan to Scrap Terror Law
Rights group says Protection of Pakistan Bill can be used to suppress government criticism and political opposition.
- Shia Waqf Board polls postponed
LUCKNOW: The state government on Thursday postponed elections for the membership of Shia Central Wakf Board till August.
- Islamic State claims Shia mosque destruction
Fighters from the Islamic State have demolished numerous Shia shrines and mosques in northern Iraq, according to photos published by the group on social media.
- Iraq army retakes Saddam’s birthplace; Sistani laments political mess
(Reuters) – The Iraqi army retook Saddam Hussein’s home village overnight, a symbolic victory in its struggle to seize back swathes of the country from Sunni insurgents.
- Iraqi Shia Families Flee Death Threats in Kirkuk
People driven out of Kirkuk by Sunni militants say they were lucky to escape with their lives.
- Nurses coming home, but why it will be harder to free Indian workers trapped in Iraq
Indian diplomacy has scored a quick victory in securing the release of 46 nurses briefly held captive by Sunni Arab militants in Iraq. This raises hopes that another batch of workers from northern India kidnapped from the Iraqi town of Mosul can also be freed.
- Iraq’s Maliki says he will not abandon bid for third term as PM
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq’s incumbent prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, vowed on Friday not to drop his quest for a third term in power amid a growing chorus of critics urging that he be replaced in the next government.
- The walking dead
Human Rights Watch (HRW) recently released a heart-rending report titled
HADITH OF THE DAY
The grave consequences of running away from Tabarra Is Hazrat Fatima Zahra’s (s.a.) stepping out of the house like Ayesha’s coming out in Jamal? Who is responsible for the Holy Prophet’s (s.a.w.a.) death? Status of Jafar al-Tayyar (a.s.) and mourning over Imam Husain (a.s.) Hazrat Jafar al-Tayyar’s (a.s.) martyrdom and mourning over Imam Husain (a.s.)