- Telangana okays funds for Shias
Hyderabad: Responding to a story published in DC about Shias being neglected by Wakf authorities, while granting funds for spiritual activities, the Telangana government has granted Rs 2,79,30,000 in keeping with a GO issued by the principal secretary of the minority welfare department, Mr Janab Ahmed Nadeem, to Shias across the state.
- Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawad lashes out at Vaidik over his comment on Kashmir
Lucknow, July 15 (ANI): Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawad criticised senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik here on Tuesday over his statement to the Pakistani media about making Kashmir an independent country.
- Senior Pakistani Shia cleric says Punjab govt patronizing takfiri terrorists
Allama Raja Nasir Abbas Jafari, secretary general of the Shiite political-religious party of Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen, has said that biased PMLN government of Punjab province was patronizing takfiri terrorists against Sunni and Shia Muslims.
- Kuwait Threatens to Revoke Citizenship in Crackdown on Opposition
Duabi: The Kuwaiti government has threatened to revoke the citizenship of people suspected of trying to “undermine the stability” of the oil-rich monarchy, local media reported on Tuesday.
- Over 25 killed in Nigeria militant attack, government air strike
(Reuters) – At least 26 people were killed when suspected Islamist Boko Haram militants stormed a village in northeast Nigeria and a government warplane opened fire to repel the attackers, local residents and a security source said on Tuesday.
- Pakistan military captures Taliban commander
(Reuters) – The Pakistani military has captured a Taliban commander who once tried to blow up former president Pervez Musharraf, security officials said on Tuesday.
- Iraq names moderate Sunni parliament speaker in move to break political deadlock
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraqi politicians named a moderate Sunni Islamist as speaker of parliament on Tuesday, a long-delayed first step towards a power-sharing government urgently needed to save the state from disintegration in the face of a Sunni uprising.
- Boko Haram’s ‘chief butcher’ arrested by Nigerian police
Boko Haram’s self-proclaimed “chief butcher” of Nigeria’s northeastern Balmo Forest was arrested Saturday by police during a counterinsurgency sweep of the area.
- Suicide bombing at market in Afghanistan kills 89 people
A suicide bomber struck a busy market in eastern Afghanistan on Tuesday, killing at least 89 people in one of the country
HADITH OF THE DAY
Did Allah forgive the companions for fleeing from battles? The Perfect Recognition of the Five Infallibles (a.s.) Who is Al-Imam al-Mobeen? Was Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) in favour of Tarawih? Ameerul Momineen’s (a.s.) so-called respect for Ayesha based on Sunnah of Past Prophets