- Iraqi media broadly welcome new premier
The appointment of Haider al-Abadi as prime minister-designate has been generally well-received in the mainstream Iraqi media.
- Australia-US talks: ‘Action needed’ on foreign fighters
The US and Australia have highlighted the threat posed by foreign jihadi fighters returning from Syria and Iraq, amid horror in Australia over a graphic image involving a young boy.
- Threatening call to Shia cleric
ALLAHABAD: An unidentified person made a threatening call to Maulana Kalbe Abbas, a Shia cleric at Jamatul Abbas Arabic College in VIP Colony, Kareli, on Sunday night.
- Shia cleric Jawwad accuses Azam Khan of sparking communal riots in UP
Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad fired a fresh salvo at Minority Affairs Minister Azam Khan on Monday, saying that the senior Samajwadi Party leader was behind the recent communal riots in Uttar Pradesh.
- Iraq crisis: New Prime Minister named, but Nouri al-Maliki refuses to stand down without a fight
HADITH OF THE DAY
Did Allah forgive the companions for fleeing from battles? The Perfect Recognition of the Five Infallibles (a.s.) Who is Al-Imam al-Mobeen? Was Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) in favour of Tarawih? Ameerul Momineen’s (a.s.) so-called respect for Ayesha based on Sunnah of Past Prophets