- Iraqi media broadly welcome new premier
The appointment of Haider al-Abadi as prime minister-designate has been generally well-received in the mainstream Iraqi media.
- Australia-US talks: ‘Action needed’ on foreign fighters
The US and Australia have highlighted the threat posed by foreign jihadi fighters returning from Syria and Iraq, amid horror in Australia over a graphic image involving a young boy.
- Threatening call to Shia cleric
ALLAHABAD: An unidentified person made a threatening call to Maulana Kalbe Abbas, a Shia cleric at Jamatul Abbas Arabic College in VIP Colony, Kareli, on Sunday night.
- Shia cleric Jawwad accuses Azam Khan of sparking communal riots in UP
Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad fired a fresh salvo at Minority Affairs Minister Azam Khan on Monday, saying that the senior Samajwadi Party leader was behind the recent communal riots in Uttar Pradesh.
- Iraq crisis: New Prime Minister named, but Nouri al-Maliki refuses to stand down without a fight
HADITH OF THE DAY
The grave consequences of running away from Tabarra Is Hazrat Fatima Zahra’s (s.a.) stepping out of the house like Ayesha’s coming out in Jamal? Who is responsible for the Holy Prophet’s (s.a.w.a.) death? Status of Jafar al-Tayyar (a.s.) and mourning over Imam Husain (a.s.) Hazrat Jafar al-Tayyar’s (a.s.) martyrdom and mourning over Imam Husain (a.s.)